Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Moved house and previous owners left a shite load of old shite

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'm about to start on building the Berlin tram from OcCre.

Do you post on the Facebook occre page?

We are a very disparate bunch of people worldwide.

Occre are possibly the best company I have ever dealt with

One of our members, a Spanish guy, wa struggling as he was going through chemo etc, he posted that he was in remission and Occre sent him one of their ship kits, with glue, and paint packs totally free out of the blue.

Bloody amazing.

I built the London bus and Barcelona tram

I’ll post some pictures

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
A friend of mine on moving had the call that all was well and the money had gone through. He had his own van and knocked at the door and the door was answered to oh is it today we are moving ! These couple of drinkers had not even packed . Luckily it was a nice day and he ended up moving himself in and moving the other people out .

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm sure this is very good advice :thumbsup:

I'm guessing this was a standard everyday occurrence back when you were a property developer ?

weirdly no - happened once and as we were getting skip after skip it wasn't worth the hassle of going back and claiming a couple of hundred quid. The experience I mentioned was for my own property .... and I wasn't going for a busman's holiday so went to my solicitor !

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
4, at the top of bloody stairs!

I've recently paid to have my dearly departed parents house cleared. In the loft, which is converted but with a rickety loft ladder for access, was a 4 drawer filing cabinet. How my father got it up there is a mystery but I wouldn't have wanted to be the guys bringing it down !

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Do you know where the people moved to? If so, load up cars and vans and dump it round at their new place...

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
The previous owners left all there baby/child photos in the loft, i took them round as i knew were they moved to.
Yours is exceptionally lazy

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Is there any update on this story...? I am genuinely curious.

I've not got a moving tale that bad - my worst is that the 'keys' given to me for my first house didn't fit the locks. Estate agents basically said it was not their problem and gave me previous owners phone number, previous own kept coming back with more keys, until I politely explained that it is my house now and he needs to surrender all keys. End result was that I needed to get a locksmith to break into my first house before we were able to move in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do you know where the people moved to? If so, load up cars and vans and dump it round at their new place...
Manchester.
Anyone want to guess where we're going on the 13th!

I've not got a moving tale that bad - my worst is that the 'keys' given to me for my first house didn't fit the locks. Estate agents basically said it was not their problem and gave me previous owners phone number, previous own kept coming back with more keys, until I politely explained that it is my house now and he needs to surrender all keys. End result was that I needed to get a locksmith to break into my first house before we were able to move in.

Spoke to my solicitor today.
He's pretty pissed off as he was quite clear about that aspect of the paperwork.

He tells me he will protest to their solicitors but that's all he can do.
He'll ask them to pay but if they say 'no' it'll cost me more to make them, than actually pay for it myself.

If anyone in West Sussex wants all of it, to do with as they please, then drop me a line.

I'm not looking to offload bit by bit, just yet, obvs that may well change over time.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Moved into my student halls in first year and someone had left rotting fish above the ceiling, and there was a nuclear bottle of milk that was 3 months out of date in the fridge, tasted alright though.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

When we bought the house we are currently in 30 years ago, it had been empty for a while but there was some sort of delay on the day. We had the removals van loaded and outside the new house by about 11 but no keys. Mrs Wz went off down to the estate agent to try and sort out but whatever the problem was, but it was taking an eternity.

When she proudly arrived at the house with the keys at about 2.30, she found me and the removal men having a nice cup of coffee in the kitchen with the van unloaded. Just after she left I got bored, managed to Jemmy a window at the back and broke in. I then opened the door and let the removal men in :wink:

We got a phone call from the new owners of our old house a couple of hours later and we had forgotten to empty the booze cupboard in the kitchen. Very good of them :thumbsup:

matey

Mar 16, 2014
Do you post on the Facebook occre page?

We are a very disparate bunch of people worldwide.

Occre are possibly the best company I have ever dealt with

One of our members, a Spanish guy, wa struggling as he was going through chemo etc, he posted that he was in remission and Occre sent him one of their ship kits, with glue, and paint packs totally free out of the blue.

Bloody amazing.

I built the London bus and Barcelona tram

I’ll post some pictures

This is my first OcCre. I have a fascination for the old trams and chosed the Berlin. Beforehand I watched a youtube playlist on building the model. Still not started it yet. If you get the chance post some of your pics. Cheers.

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
When we bought the house we are currently in 30 years ago, it had been empty for a while but there was some sort of delay on the day. We had the removals van loaded and outside the new house by about 11 but no keys. Mrs Wz went off down to the estate agent to try and sort out but whatever the problem was, but it was taking an eternity.

When she proudly arrived at the house with the keys at about 2.30, she found me and the removal men having a nice cup of coffee in the kitchen with the van unloaded. Just after she left I got bored, managed to Jemmy a window at the back and broke in. I then opened the door and let the removal men in :wink:

We got a phone call from the new owners of our old house a couple of hours later and we had forgotten to empty the booze cupboard in the kitchen. Very good of them :thumbsup:

I almost had to do that too. Like you we moved into an empty house and estate agent said they would release the keys when the money started to move, usually about 10:30 am. So up at 05.00 van loaded by 09:30 and drinking a ice cup of tea at 10:30, 11:30 and on. Getting really worried by 13:30, as multiple calls to agent and solicitor still no joy and people moving into my house were due at 14:00.

Whole life packed into a Luton Van and on the front lawn. I'm thinking if nothing by 14:00 I'm breaking into the new place. It's empty and Executor sale so its gonna be mine.

Phone came at 13:55, Mrs Elbow got keys and we were in, legally at 15:00. Only moved 250 yards around the corner!!.

Happy days and still here..

Oh and I'll never forget how much crap I moved out of my shed (which I also took with me as buyer knocked me right down on price).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This is my first OcCre. I have a fascination for the old trams and chosed the Berlin. Beforehand I watched a youtube playlist on building the model. Still not started it yet. If you get the chance post some of your pics. Cheers.

FA4D1850-8EAF-463E-89B8-3F04C4D7F051.jpeg

378EB060-309A-4BEA-99C4-C0D8E4C655CC.jpeg

A01B9B17-DCC3-406D-8388-A39D47626FA1.jpeg

DF6A428C-50DE-4195-BB44-E48DDAAC0780.jpeg

This is my latest one matey. I have updated it since these and will post my final pictures.

Good luck …the Occre kits are brilliant.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
In Stat Towers I, I left 2 really nice display cabinets, attached to the wall in the recesses either side of the fireplace.

I mithered on about it for weeks.

Finally saying 'f**k it they're staying'.
My rational was, they've been on the wall for 10+ years.
I can't guarantee getting them off cleanly.
Pretty sure the wall behind is a mess/different colour.

All that for 2 nice cabinets, only for 3 hours later to be confronted by a filing cabinet at the top of the stairs!!!

This is where we miss Ernest, who would surely have started a thread about him moving into a new house, only to find that there were a couple of disgusting cupboards that no-one in their right minds would have bought - totally ruining the walls beside the fire in the new living room. And when he tried to remove them, the plaster fell off, leaving him with a huge repair bill....

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is where we miss Ernest, who would surely have started a thread about him moving into a new house, only to find that there were a couple of disgusting cupboards that no-one in their right minds would have bought - totally ruining the walls beside the fire in the new living room. And when he tried to remove them, the plaster fell off, leaving him with a huge repair bill....

Yep.

There was a thread last week which was so ripe for Ernesting it read like an apre-Ernest rebuttal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here