Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moved from South Stand Block H for Arsenal

11Wisemen

Jan 30, 2012
Just found out that I have been moved to West Lower from South Stand Block H. Found out when checking purchase history for other tickets. I sit well left of goal so Arsenal will have most of South Stand, only SWC will be home Albion. Might be worth checking with box office to see if they have moved you.

Thanks for sharing.

If S1H is not for home fans then either Arsenal have quite a few more than 4000 coming along or we are going to be using stupidly big (half a block) areas for segregation.

As I understood, the old south stand held 2650. The SE corners 850 and the south southern blocks in the ESL hold 1200 = 4700

However, recently we have been using half blocks for segregation and half a block is about 350 seats......

Why cant we just use 3 rows like the prem teams? 2 rows of stewards and an empty row in the middle? Even known haters such as Liverpool and Man U manage with no major upset. Such an option would only need about 150 seats and we would have the best part of another block (550 seats) or the whole of S1H minus the 3 rows for segregation.

How the club can turn away what could be the best part of £15,000 + Pie, Pint, Program spend when they have just announced this loss is a mystery to me.

Of course, I have more than likely got all my figures wrong.....

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
I sit in South G and didn't have the option to buy my seat, the ticket office offered me either West lower or East upper so have gone for East Upper purely because I've never sat in the East Stand before!

I sit in South G and didn't have the option to buy my seat, the ticket office offered me either West lower or East upper so have gone for East Upper purely because I've never sat in the East Stand before!

That makes sense for S1G, but I really thought S1H would be home fans

Maybe S1H will be the divide with the steps being the cut off, so half of S1H might be home fans.

11Wiseman - what side of the steps is your ST seat in S1H?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Arsenal fans will have 4,000 seats with segregation making up the other 700 seats that are available in ESL , SEC and SS. Do you really want one or two rows of segregation if it all kicks off after a controversial decision on the pitch ?

The Arsenal fans will have 4,000 seats with segregation making up the other 700 seats that are available in ESL , SEC and SS. Do you really want one or two rows of segregation if it all kicks off after a controversial decision on the pitch ?

Yes I really do only want 2 or 3 rows of segregation. As stated, it works fins for the big prem teams. Liverpool ManU, Spurs Arsenal and even Arsenal Chelsea the other day.

You might have an argument for Millwall, Palace etc, but even then, what can't we do right that the others can?

11Wisemen

Jan 30, 2012
The less segregation the better. My point is that Arse will have most of the South Stand & some of us are being moved without realising. 700 empty segregated seats is 500 too many !!

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
The less segregation the better. My point is that Arse will have most of the South Stand & some of us are being moved without realising. 700 empty segregated seats is 500 too many !!

Very much this.

What's the point in allowing all the arsenal fans to mingle with us in all the bars etc when we have such stupid over the top segregation policy?

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Very much this.

What's the point in allowing all the arsenal fans to mingle with us in all the bars etc when we have such stupid over the top segregation policy?

I think you will find that the segregation in the ground is an FA/Uefa requirement

D

Deleted member 18477

Thanks for sharing.

If S1H is not for home fans then either Arsenal have quite a few more than 4000 coming along or we are going to be using stupidly big (half a block) areas for segregation.

As I understood, the old south stand held 2650. The SE corners 850 and the south southern blocks in the ESL hold 1200 = 4700

However, recently we have been using half blocks for segregation and half a block is about 350 seats......

Why cant we just use 3 rows like the prem teams? 2 rows of stewards and an empty row in the middle? Even known haters such as Liverpool and Man U manage with no major upset. Such an option would only need about 150 seats and we would have the best part of another block (550 seats) or the whole of S1H minus the 3 rows for segregation.

How the club can turn away what could be the best part of £15,000 + Pie, Pint, Program spend when they have just announced this loss is a mystery to me.

Of course, I have more than likely got all my figures wrong.....

we are going to have 350 wasted seats? jesus christ! arsenal have no 'beef' with brighton FFS! ridiculous

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Yes I really do only want 2 or 3 rows of segregation. As stated, it works fins for the big prem teams. Liverpool ManU, Spurs Arsenal and even Arsenal Chelsea the other day.

You might have an argument for Millwall, Palace etc, but even then, what can't we do right that the others can?

If you 'might' then you do for 4,000 Arsenal...watch and learn

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
It's not that over the top, one line of stewards and then that usual big fella who works at the back of G (usually looking after the back two rows!!!) and then 4-5 rows empty before netting over a few more! Pretty standard I feel? I've seen worse!!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
If you 'might' then you do for 4,000 Arsenal...watch and learn

They will be as obnoxious and aggressive as any London clubs we have seen down here..... why does he think it will be easy?...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Do we know for sure this is an over the top segregation policy? Are the numbers quoted accurate? I would have thought a RA would have been conducted, and once all things are considered the segregation is set. I don't really see the width of the south stand netting much if at all different to other grounds I've been to.

Do we know for sure this is an over the top segregation policy? Are the numbers quoted accurate? I would have thought a RA would have been conducted, and once all things are considered the segregation is set. I don't really see the width of the south stand netting much if at all different to other grounds I've been to.

IMO the width of the netting is fine. It's about 5 rows wide and goes down the half way point in block G. There is also a row of stewards.

The issue I have is that the other half of the said block (7 or 8 rows at a guess) are empty and remain unsold. So there is effectively a sterile area of half a block. It's actually a nonsense in past games, home fans have been free to sit on the other side of the steps.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
IMO the width of the netting is fine. It's about 5 rows wide and goes down the half way point in block G. There is also a row of stewards.

The issue I have is that the other half of the said block (7 or 8 rows at a guess) are empty and remain unsold. So there is effectively a sterile area of half a block. It's actually a nonsense in past games, home fans have been free to sit on the other side of the steps.

The sterile row should probably be brought up with Insider, find out whay they are there, and not sold. I really struggle to believe the club deliberately refuses to sell these seats, especially not when they are putting in additional seats elsewhere, there must be more to it, TB, MP, Barber etc are not stupid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here