Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Move on now

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
He was a sh1t coach anyway!

Up to game 30 of last season, we were on 34 points. Out of GP's 106 games in charge up to and including Norwich (H) we had taken 116 points, an average of 1.09 PPG. Under CH, we averaged 1.00 PPG. Has everyone forgotten a record 11 games without a win in Autumn, or a record 6 defeats (and one goal scored in by a defender) on the spin before the alchemy changed? Think if the 6 defeats had been at start of season; knives would really have been out.

The change that has had the world admiring and flattering the Head Coach has not been GP per se but playing Moises Caicedo. He has been the gear change. His inclusion and Mwepu returning from injury (and, I have to add, the exclusion of Maupay) galvanized Gross and Trossard in particular. New player = new formation = nirvana. Before that, we were the pretty team that couldn't score and would float around bottom 6.

OK, so GP takes credit for seeing this and playing MC, you might say. Yes, but GP admitted near end of last season that he made a mistake not playing MC earlier, so he knew that he had a gem but played cautious. Had he not done so, I think we probably would have qualified for Europe and perhaps we would have a different script now. Remember 0-0 v Norwich, anyone?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Ah f*ck it, we'll get over this. We've got a team of great players who want to succeed, thousands of fans supporting them all over the country, a new manager wanting to win and an owner who will keep making the right decisions. We'll be fine.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Well one thing BHAFC does better than Chelsea and ALL the rest , we fight for our teams survival , always have always will . And we have one more thing i have never seen in such abundance anywhere else , Good people who carry that deep embedded love for The Albion that will see us come out the other side of this , with others scratching their heads and asking ....how do they keep doing that ! .

Its in the blood:thumbsup:

Good post!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
We've a great team
We've a great chairman
We've a great CEO
We've a great stadium
We've great fans
Now need a great coach...

I moved on as soon as Potter and co to Chelsea was officially announced. Totally out of our control, can't do anything to change it now and there's no point worrying about the unknowns of the future.

Move forward, not back :thumbsup:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Move on? We haven’t just lost a random match, we have just lost the best manager this club has had and all the coaching staff…YESTERDAY!! :angry:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
As far as things I have had to move on from with Brighton go, this will be easier than Murray to Palace, but I need a day or two still just now.

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
I will be in a much better place to move on once I know the replacements. I can then get excited about the future hopefully. Sadly I realise this could be a few weeks away!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We learn from this and move on

Ticket in the North stand for the Chelsea game for a change

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here