Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Mouth guards at night to stop grinding teeth

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Out of interest do you smoke weed??

I had this problem when i smoked it 10 or so years ago.

I used to but the drug that does most damage to teeth is ecstasy. Chewing as much gum as possible still wears them down badly. Haven't touched either of those for years.

Had my best night's sleep since I started using it but there seems to be a build up of bacteria in the morning which can create a slightly nauseous feeling. But ok after half an hour or so after waking up.

Good to hear other poster's experiences with them.

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
My NHS dentist has fitted me with a gum shield type of device to stop my teeth grinding at night which has worn them down gradually in the last 20 years or so. I've used it for three nights in a row now but keep waking up regularly wondering WTF is going on! The tightness round the gums can feel very strange. I feel tired in the daytime. Does anyone on here use them and if so, how long did it take to get used to them before a proper night's sleep? (right through). After paying £90 I can't afford to throw in the towel and go back to tenderness in my teeth in the mornings.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

I’ve had one for the last 10 years and it’s done me wonders. I get it checked every year and adjusted.

OGH's Libido

Nov 30, 2014
So its not just me!

Bought 2 pairs online for 12 quid and that horrible feeling of tired achy teeth in the morning has gone. Got used to them within a week.

My job has been very stressful for 6 months and i have been travelling a lot every week for work too. Im changing both aspects in a couple of weeks. I plan on using the time back to swim more, which I find meditative which I hope stops me doing it.

Has anyone managed to stop doing it? I hope if I remove the stress it goes away, but I think im stuck with it.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Over a fortnight on and it's a natural feeling after sticking with it. I put the shield in just before I drop off at night and I'm lucky enough to be able to sleep right through now.

I cannot recommend them highly enough. For £90 I might save my teeth for another 10-20 years! And for any grinders of teeth at night they are money very well spent IMO. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here