Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mourinho accused of tax fraud

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bit of a shame for the Greek government really. If any of THEIR homegrown or imported players were non-shite, they'd be WELL on the case. As it is, they'll have to make do with charging folks with a pool the size of a postage stamp for a multi-thousand Euro non-obligatory life-saving course and mandatory life saving certificate. Oh, and not issuing tourists with a receipt for a cold Mythos (or preferably a brewed under not-very-close local supervision Heineken). Can't say I blame them though. They should just send the bill to Germany.

The Greeks are very adept at tax dodging. They only pay the equivalent of council tax on complete homes, so when they build, they leave something unfinished, which is why you often see re-bars sticking out of the concrete walls, they leave the top floor unfinished in a three storey block.
The tax man doubles the amount of duty on the figures produced, because it's expected that these will only be the true amount. Corruption is rife, for instance, you visit a doctor, and get treated, but you get much better treatment if you take an envelope with you and put it on the desk.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Alexis Sanchez has admitted his guilt to a €1m tax fraud, in not declaring image rights income to Spanish tax authorities when he played for Barca.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42979212

IMO it's good to see these greedy feckers caught.

Sanchez is rumoured to be the highest paid player in the Premier League following the transfer, earning £14m a year after tax.

:eek:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
All these big money earners seek the advice of their financial advisers but it all falls down when it transpires that the advice given is deemed illegal. I am sure that we would all seek similar advice and act on it.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Ronaldo, Messi, Sanchez...

I am thinking Tax Dodgers FC could put a strong 11 out with Mourinho as manager and even have our Glenn on the bench!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All these big money earners seek the advice of their financial advisers but it all falls down when it transpires that the advice given is deemed illegal. I am sure that we would all seek similar advice and act on it.

Through my work, I work with some very wealthy businessmen with high incomes. Every single one of them has been offered the benefit of tax avoidance schemes by those advisors/providers you touch upon, sometimes cold approached and sometimes via their legit firms of accountants. Not for moralistic reasons, all turned down the schemes, even though they desire lower tax liabilities.

The reasons given were; they didn’t want a tax time bomb hanging over them, they slept better at night and if something appears too good to be true it probably is.

Their instincts proved profound, with many tax avoiders, from contractors to multi millionaires facing a nighmare comeuppance with HMRC.

So no, loads of the wealthy and high earners did not go down the tax avoidance scheme route.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Through my work, I work with some very wealthy businessmen with high incomes. Every single one of them has been offered the benefit of tax avoidance schemes by those advisors/providers you touch upon, sometimes cold approached and sometimes via their legit firms of accountants. Not for moralistic reasons, all turned down the schemes, even though they desire lower tax liabilities.

The reasons given were; they didn’t want a tax time bomb hanging over them, they slept better at night and if something appears too good to be true it probably is.

Their instincts proved profound, with many tax avoiders, from contractors to multi millionaires facing a nighmare comeuppance with HMRC.

So no, loads of the wealthy and high earners did not go down the tax avoidance scheme route.

I am not suggesting all rich people do it but it appears a lot do including Multi Billionaires

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here