Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mould Issues. Advice wanted.

Tubes

Apr 16, 2011
Just thought I'd ask the people of NSC. Got a major Mold Issue. Just wondering whats the best, Easier and cheapest way to get rid of it. Blooming council are making me wait for extractor fans and whatsnot. Noing them after a 2 year wait it will be another 2 years of waiting. I just need a solution. Any idea's from the wise?

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Is this a personal hygiene issue or a building related problem?

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Just thought I'd ask the people of NSC. Got a major Mold Issue. Just wondering whats the best, Easier and cheapest way to get rid of it. Blooming council are making me wait for extractor fans and whatsnot. Noing them after a 2 year wait it will be another 2 years of waiting. I just need a solution. Any idea's from the wise?

One word VENTILATION

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Mould is generally caused by moisture condensing on cold surfaces. If you have no insulation in your walls or ceilings you will suffer from mould, particularly in kitchens and bathrooms. As Samej said earlier, better ventilation can help by removing the moisture in the air before it can condense on the walls and ceilings. . Always use extractor fans if you have them and make sure any air bricks are not covered or blocked. Opening windows will help but movement of air is required to help disperse the moisture.Wipe the walls regularly with one of the many mould removing cleaners that are available.
There are some mould resistant paints on the market but I'm not sure how effective they are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here