Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Motty reckons it could be Dean Saunders

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Anyone else hear John Motson speculate this earlier on 5 live when talking about Mickey's departure? Though nobody else knew he was an ex-player for the Albion but Motty! Mark Bright, you Palace amateur.....got a lot to learn from the great man young man :lolol:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
How can Mark Bright not know? He played in the same games at the same time!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Anyone else hear John Motson speculate this earlier on 5 live when talking about Mickey's departure? Though nobody else knew he was an ex-player for the Albion but Motty! Mark Bright, you Palace amateur.....got a lot to learn from the great man young man :lolol:

Evening sir. I can't make my mind up over this one. Who do you want as gaffer?!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Evening sir. I can't make my mind up over this one. Who do you want as gaffer?!

Hmmmm, I actually hadn't thought of Dean Saunders until Motty mentioned him. Since then, I think that would be a good appointment, and of the so called candidates, I think he'd be really good. Raw yet experienced no.2 at the same time. Lots of contacts, and of course, he's shaped Wrexham into a decent team in a short time on no money at all.

Otherwise, Jim Gannon over Paul Ince. Hoddle? He'd be superb but that's just not going to happen is it? Gary Stevens? NO way! Not the time for novices. If we're financially forced to go in house, I think Barry and Nickey Forester apprenticeship could be interesting....

Who's your money on?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Hmmmm, I actually hadn't thought of Dean Saunders until Motty mentioned him. Since then, I think that would be a good appointment, and of the so called candidates, I think he'd be really good. Raw yet experienced no.2 at the same time. Lots of contacts, and of course, he's shaped Wrexham into a decent team in a short time on no money at all.

Otherwise, Jim Gannon over Paul Ince. Hoddle? He'd be superb but that's just not going to happen is it? Gary Stevens? NO way! Not the time for novices. If we're financially forced to go in house, I think Barry and Nickey Forester apprenticeship could be interesting....

Who's your money on?

Money's going nowhere! I don't know who I'd prefer. Ince did a fantastic job at Macclesfield, so think he could do same here... Gannon, likewise. But Stevens? Much as I loved the bloke when he was here, I can't see him being anything but a failure as boss!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Money's going nowhere! I don't know who I'd prefer. Ince did a fantastic job at Macclesfield, so think he could do same here... Gannon, likewise. But Stevens? Much as I loved the bloke when he was here, I can't see him being anything but a failure as boss!

Agree. We just can't risk Mr Perfect becoming manager in case he turns out to be rubbish. Once you're in the legends hall, don't do anything to leave it!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I think you could have consolidated those comments into a single post 99-flake old chap. Still, thanks for sharing them with us.

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
One of the reasons Dean Saunders accepted the Wrexham job was that he would combine it with being the Wales assistant manager. So, in short, a non-starter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here