Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Motorbikes

D

Deleted member 2719

Well it’s probably not much of an exaggeration saying that coming back to riding has saved my life, going in to my 50s suffering with the menopause that feels like a dementor sucking out every bit of the joy and confidence that I used to have, I thought there was nothing left to enjoy and had bad depression. Getting back on a motorbike again after 20 years away scared the sh!t out of me, but also made me feel a live. I don’t take the risks I did in my 20’s mostly stick to speed limits and going at my own pace. I would be more scared riding a bicycle on the road as a motorbike keeps up with traffic.

I don’t think I am the only one that finds riding a bike is good for their mental health

View attachment 147828

This is so true, a motorbike can instantly make you feel a live, and I will be straddling one for as long as I can.
Anyone that has not experienced riding a motorcycle, you really should.
The big issue is watching out for the less observant car drivers, but the fact you will feel alive you should be switched on to this.

Happy biking all.:banana::cool::O

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Loving riding my bike in Wales (Snowdonia) stunning views, great weather, smooth tarmac and quiet roads.

I know I am very lucky with the weather considering I booked this holiday in January.

7A55CA53-4695-4258-AECD-57DF840F38E8.jpeg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Love the Interceptor. Is it one of the Indian built ones which I’m told are more reliable?
And like your beast too.

I’m saving for one of these at present. Should be there by September so hopefully there’ll be some good weather left. A Mutt Desert Racer .

343424C0-62B3-410B-B0A0-D3FDD94A7BC7.jpeg

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Love the Interceptor. Is it one of the Indian built ones which I’m told are more reliable?
And like your beast too.

I’m saving for one of these at present. Should be there by September so hopefully there’ll be some good weather left. A Mutt Desert Racer .

View attachment 149679

Nice! what is the capacity of the mutt?

Yes, the interceptor is an Indian made one. My husband was thinking about getting a triumph when he took his honda crf250 rally in for a service and was lent a Enfield Continental GT while he waited for it, which is the cafe racer version of the interceptor. He enjoyed it so much, that he swapped his Honda in for one. He has had it a few months and loves it.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Yes, the interceptor is an Indian made one. My husband was thinking about getting a triumph when he took his honda crf250 rally in for a service and was lent a Enfield Continental GT while he waited for it, which is the cafe racer version of the interceptor. He enjoyed it so much, that he swapped his Honda in for one. He has had it a few months and loves it.

I love cafe racers and scramblers. Very nice. And congrats on getting back to biking.

It’s only a 125 which I reckon I’ll have for a year then get full license. Mutt’s are mainly Japanese parts built in Birmingham and do a few nice 125’s. Certainly a lot more choice out there than when I got a little Yamaha in my teens.

Enjoy your bikes in this weather!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

I got the Continental GT in 1977. Went to Australia in 1981 and when over there asked a mate to sell it for me back home. He got £25 and not sure he ever gave it to me.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I love cafe racers and scramblers. Very nice. And congrats on getting back to biking.

It’s only a 125 which I reckon I’ll have for a year then get full license. Mutt’s are mainly Japanese parts built in Birmingham and do a few nice 125’s. Certainly a lot more choice out there than when I got a little Yamaha in my teens.

Enjoy your bikes in this weather!

Thank you

Good luck with your motorbike journey.
My other bike is a monkey bike and a 125, it is so much fun to ride and has enough power to keep with most traffic

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Took my CBR600F3 to the Storrington SADCASE day last sunday, very poor showing from the biking fraternity but there were many Elspeth and Toby twats showing off their E-Type Jags (if it broke down they wouldn't even know how to lift the bonnet).

I don't think I'll bother in the future, a shame as it is local & a few years ago there was a good mix of classic Brits/Italian/Japs on show.

As an aside I'm going to cash in my Pension in the next year or so which will release a nice amount of dosh and have started looking at #2 Retirement Bike i.e. a Yamaha RD350LC or RD400 - but £5-9K you must be kidding me? :eek:

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Took my CBR600F3 to the Storrington SADCASE day last sunday, very poor showing from the biking fraternity but there were many Elspeth and Toby twats showing off their E-Type Jags (if it broke down they wouldn't even know how to lift the bonnet).

I don't think I'll bother in the future, a shame as it is local & a few years ago there was a good mix of classic Brits/Iitalian/Japs on show.

As an aside I'm going to cash in my Pension in the next year or so which will release a nice amount of dosh and have started looking at #2 Retirement Bike i.e. a Yamaha RD350LC or RD400 - but £5-9K you must be kidding me? :eek:

I hadn't even heard of that show!
I always find this site is at least 20% over priced, https://www.carandclassic.com/list/644/rd400/
I am wondering if bikes of that era are close to topping out, price wise, as mostly they are purchased to guys of a certain age that are still able to ride, give it 10 years or so the demand may drop off the cliff.
But on the other hand 2 strokes in particular have to be investable, don't they?
I have been considering buying one/two bikes for a couple of years now!!
I want them for fun but investment value for my kids.

How do people think this market will go?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I hadn't even heard of that show!
I always find this site is at least 20% over priced, https://www.carandclassic.com/list/644/rd400/
I am wondering if bikes of that era are close to topping out, price wise, as mostly they are purchased to guys of a certain age that are still able to ride, give it 10 years or so the demand may drop off the cliff.
But on the other hand 2 strokes in particular have to be investable, don't they?
I have been considering buying one/two bikes for a couple of years now!!
I want them for fun but investment value for my kids.

How do people think this market will go?

SADCASE is for Car Owners, some of whom are OK and, as previously mentioned, some are twats.

The number of Bikes (classic or otherwise) attending has declined year on year.

All I know is I had several collectables back in the day (Yamaha RD400F, Yamaha 350LC YPVS and Kawasaki H1A) and the first two are, as mentioned anything up to 10K.

I have seen H1's advertised which have been dragged out of barns, need complete restoration and they wanted 5-6K for them. Restored bikes up to 17K. Seeing as H1's didn't go round bends in the first place I think I'll look for a nice RD400!

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

I don't think I'll bother in the future, a shame as it is local & a few years ago there was a good mix of classic Brits/Iitalian/Japs on show.

You are only kidding yourself if you think they will get cheaper. I have seen bang average RXS100s going for £3k.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
You are only kidding yourself if you think they will get cheaper. I have seen bang average RXS100s going for £3k.

Yes my RD400F was stupidly cheap as it was 1980 and the Yamaha dealers were desperate to flog off the air cooled RD's before the LC's arrived.

Hence I picked it up for £400 back in 1983 (think it had about 4,500 miles on the clock and it was totally original)

Very 'cleverly' almost doubled my money 3 years later... :facepalm:

Should have wheeled it into shed, put a dust sheet over it and taken it out every 12 months for a brisk ride to the MOT Garage. Hey Ho. :annoyed:

Last edited:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Thinking now it was the Clipper 250 but still a Cafe racer. Wish I'd hung onto it.

20220714_121839.jpg

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Apologies for sullying this thread with moped stuff, anyone know the best way to sell a C90 Cub, 1985, garaged for a decade, 14k miles? Don’t do Facebook, couldn’t face eBay time wasters. The nearest bike shop is Bike Bits in Seaford, who I guess might be able to advise. Thanks in advance.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
Apologies for sullying this thread with moped stuff, anyone know the best way to sell a C90 Cub, 1985, garaged for a decade, 14k miles? Don’t do Facebook, couldn’t face eBay time wasters. The nearest bike shop is Bike Bits in Seaford, who I guess might be able to advise. Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, Facebook marketplace and Ebay are probably the best place. Auto Trader is another. These are becoming slightly collectable now. Just had a look and there are 28 on Ebay. Don't undersell it. Has it been started in the last 10 years?.... if not, probably looking at about £1000ish... £3k for a mint one...

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading

As "BigBod" said these are quite valuable now especially if it runs and is good condition.

These are ones that are for sale on Auto Trader

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Thanks for responses above, it may be a bit ‘Timothy Lumsden’ but it’d cross the Indian subcontinent on half a tank...possibly.
:thumbsup:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
A few modes done to my Monkey bike (Clyde) I have done nearly 2000 miles on it since I got it. Named it after the orangutan in the film "Every which way but loose"

Yoshimura Exhaust
clyde-1.jpg

brake reservoir cap

clyde-2.jpg

Horn cover

clyde-3.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here