Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Mother’s Day 10 March

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
In all the excitement of Europe this week, I nearly forgot it was Mother’s Day (UK) on Sunday. Not too late thankfully- Just ordered a lovely bouquet and scented candle online to be delivered on Sunday to a very much cherished Mum.

Happy Mother’s Day to Mums everywhere (and RIP those no longer with us).

IMG_0925.jpeg

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Jeez, thanks!
Despite the reminders on my calendar, and having already sent off a card, I STILL managed to forget to get on the flowers until I saw this post.
Done. Phew.

And, yes, Happy Mother's day to any NSC Mums out there, you're the best!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Finally got my Mum’s ashes (long story). She passed away on Mothers Day a few years back.

I shall be heading up to Lancing Ring on Sunday to finally see her off. If that’s the right phrase?

Weirdly feels nice to be doing something for her on Mothering Sunday after years of not being able to have a place to go to remember her.

I hope all get to spend time with / remember their Mum’s this Sunday.

Gotta love yer Mum, with us or passed.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Taking my mum for breakfast and then heading off to the game.

Did the same last year.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was in a bit of a dilemma because my daughter & son in law normally invite me for the day, cook Sunday lunch, and a visit to a lovely garden centre.
My thoughtful girl had already looked up the fixtures and asked me if I would like to do that next Sunday instead so I don’t miss the match tomorrow. I just hope the game is worth it!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Taking my Mum out for lunch today as I fly out to Italy tomorrow morning :facepalm:

My daughter and her partner are living at ours for the next few weeks and my son and his partner are coming down tonight to surprise Mrs Wz and take her out for dinner tomorrow - sorted :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Taking my Mum out for lunch today as I fly out to Italy tomorrow morning :facepalm:

My daughter and her partner are living at ours for the next few weeks and my son and his partner are coming down tonight to surprise Mrs Wz and take her out for dinner tomorrow - sorted :thumbsup:
You’re 2 days too late. I won’t upset you by telling you the score.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's my birthday which trumps mothers day. They need to choose a different day.
Mrs B also has the birthday / Mothers Day combo tomorrow.

And do you know what?

I've not been able to find a single card that covers both off, so I'm going to have to buy TWO cards.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You’re 2 days too late. I won’t upset you by telling you the score.
At least I don't feel so bad about missing next Thursday now, unless of course we now put on the greatest performance in our history, in which case you'll hear me cheering from the Italian Alps :wink:

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Mrs B also has the birthday / Mothers Day combo tomorrow.

And do you know what?

I've not been able to find a single card that covers both off, so I'm going to have to buy TWO cards.
Moonpig could have been a good option but it’s maybe a bit late now!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The fact @Zeberdi put ‘Mothers Day (UK)’ has tickled me 🤣

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Moonpig could have been a good option but it’s maybe a bit late now!
I found a solution by buying one of those cards that are blank inside, enabling me to craft my own bespoke message.

And to save killing further trees I also put "Happy Easter and Merry Christmas" in the card too. It's never too early, is it?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Mother's Day does my nut in. Due to Geography, we can only see one of either my mum or my wife's mum on the same day as a family which must piss one of them off. The kids are next to useless at remembering or organising anything so it might as well be wives day as well to all intents and purposes. Finally, this year it's got the Football thrown in which I've had to miss. One on Easter Sunday is a bit shit as well.

It's a day where it's like walking into a trap In classic "What could go wrong this year" I put the Mothers days card in the post on Wednesday. It hasn't arrived. Thankfully the flowers did.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
The fact @Zeberdi put ‘Mothers Day (UK)’ has tickled me 🤣
Why - we have members from different parts the world on NSC - Mother’s Day in the States and in Australia for example is celebrated on the second Sunday in May.

(I was just being cosmopolitan :lol:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here