Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Silly comment.

Quite valid in fact, could the man who claims £39.00 for a breakfast survive a month on £2,000 ? Looking at the mathematics his breakfasts alone could cost £1170. Lets hope he can stretch his remaining £830 out to the end of the month.

Edit: Lets hope he invests in condoms with the remainder of his money.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
As soon as people like this realise they won't get hand outs for having children the state will have more money to invest in health and education, that does sit ok with you does it?

I agree, but the sooner people realise the welfare bill is pretty insignificant to the extent of what the bankers/hedge funders have caused the global economy the better. The tax payer hardly flinched when tax money was used to bail out the sheizter banks yet everyone up in arms when the poorest in society are trying to get by using a welfare system. A very small minorty go out to delibratly exploit the system yet its been used as a propeganda tool to pitch the working class against the welfare classes whilst the bankers and ones at the top are getting away with murder whilst laughing tears at their champayne dinner parties!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I agree, but the sooner people realise the welfare bill is pretty insignificant to the extent of what the bankers/hedge funders have caused the global economy the better. The tax payer didn't hardly flinched when tax money was used to bail out the sheizter banks yet everyone up in arms when the poorest in society are trying to get by usinga welfare system. A very small minorty go out to delibratly exploit the system yet its been used as a propeganda tool to pitch the working class against the welfare classes whilst the bankers and ones at the top are getting away with murder whilst laughing into their champayne dinners.

Spot on.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I agree, but the sooner people realise the welfare bill is pretty insignificant to the extent of what the bankers/hedge funders have caused the global economy the better. The tax payer hardly flinched when tax money was used to bail out the sheizter banks yet everyone up in arms when the poorest in society are trying to get by using a welfare system. A very small minorty go out to delibratly exploit the system yet its been used as a propeganda tool to pitch the working class against the welfare classes whilst the bankers and ones at the top are getting away with murder whilst laughing tears at their champayne dinner parties!

This, and the tax "avoiders" are way in excess of the benefit fraudsters. Go for the bigger fish.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'm one of 8 kids from a time when there were bigger families around. All my siblings have same parents, dad worked at hospital, Mum stayed at home and sometimes had cleaning jobs. We weren't rich but there was not such a wealth gap among the working class back then. I wonder if, transported into the last few years, we could have been one of the richest families on the estate.

If you have kids then you're responsible to bring them up. Sometimes things happen and that's where Welfare is there to support, not to fund a lifetime of living instead of work.

FG is living proof that the Victorian workhouse model worked. This woman and her eggs should be dispatched forthwith and not be returned to society until they have passed their chimney sweep level II exams. Least that's how I see it...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Yes yes yes. But bankers are friends with the establishment and the poor aren't. So your argument is flawed. Meanwhile the plebs keep arguing amongst themselves, stoked regularly by the establishment.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
This, and the tax "avoiders" are way in excess of the benefit fraudsters. Go for the bigger fish.

Exactly. In a real democracy you would like to think the government would target high level tax avoidance and hedge fund crooks before picking on the disabled and lowest echelons of society?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If a couple have four kids and are just making ends meet from their employment and THEN the son of the 17th Baronet of Ballentaylor (aka George Osborne) reduces your net income I have a lot of sympathy.

However something has to be done to pay for those 50 something's inheriting million pound houses from their parents to ensure they pay no tax, so targeting working families with more than two kids is one way, as the parents can hardly walk away from their offspring.

Damn thee, I was hoping to use my inheritance to buy a small holding to keep my horses. If you get your way we will be forced to purchase Rutland. My wife wants Buckinghamshire. Away we thee, ye revolting peasant.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Quite valid in fact, could the man who claims £39.00 for a breakfast survive a month on £2,000 ? Looking at the mathematics his breakfasts alone could cost £1170. Lets hope he can stretch his remaining £830 out to the end of the month.

Edit: Lets hope he invests in condoms with the remainder of his money.

Hasn't that man discovered Wetherspoons yet ?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I earn a fairly decent wage, but mainly because i do a fair bit of overtime. If i worked a 38/40 hour week then i would earn about the same as this woman gets on benefits, therefore i would not contemplate having EIGHT children, and i would not rely/expect handouts to support EIGHT children, i would rather work and be able to support the children that i brought into this world.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
£2000 per month between nine people (her and children) = £222 each per month each = £7.40 per day each = 12.3 Kitcats per day each - which does not sound much of a luxury lifestyle to me.
At least she doesn't have to buy her own WKD's in Crystals.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
If a MP loses his/her seat there is a payment of £46,000 to help him/her cope with the shock of having to find work again... strangely, MP's have not voted to reduce this or cancel this altogether despite us still being in times of austerity and " all in this together " ?

They are underpaid for what they are meant to do for society

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
They are underpaid for what they are meant to do for society

..... and overpaid for what they actually do for society.

Perhaps we should try to match the kickbacks they get from their pals so they start to represent us instead of them.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
..... and overpaid for what they actually do for society.

Perhaps we should try to match the kickbacks they get from their pals so they start to represent us instead of them.

Always a few corrupt in any large group. Overall do a really important role and i would pay them more.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Always a few corrupt in any large group. Overall do a really important role and i would pay them more.

empty_commons_1681166c.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports