Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] MOTD

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Saying Murray isn't that good in the air ???

But that wasn't the full comment. He said Murray isn't good at certain aspects (I can't remember specifically, maybe poor at getting up high and getting direction on the ball) but somehow always gets to the ball first, essentially complementing his ability to win headers just questioning how much he does with them after winning them, which I personally think is a valid position - he is fantastic at winning them, but how often do they lead to something major for us?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Putting Benteke and goals together is like trying to push opposing ends of magnets together, they just will not go together however hard you try. I should know, but I’m not big on Croydon FC history, which manager was in the seat when when they signed Benteke?

Pedant alert - opposite ends of magnets do attract, it's the same end north/ north & south/south that repel.

Another interesting fact is that Murray has scored as many goals this season as Benteke did the whole of last season.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Pedant alert - opposite ends of magnets do attract, it's the same end north/ north & south/south that repel.

Another interesting fact is that Murray has scored as many goals this season as Benteke did the whole of last season.
The whole of last season plus this season so far. [emoji23]

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just watched it again and totally disagree mate. There wasn’t much contact at all and Dunk didn’t appeal either. It was just poor defending.

All about opinions - maybe my specs are blue & white :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Born in Zaire.

Looks at least 35 years old, and is supposedly 27?

I’d say he is the new taribo west.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Benteke is a Christian. He points up to the sky after scoring goals to thank God'

How can wikipedia possibly know that? Have you ever seen him score? :shrug:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
But that wasn't the full comment. He said Murray isn't good at certain aspects (I can't remember specifically, maybe poor at getting up high and getting direction on the ball) but somehow always gets to the ball first, essentially complementing his ability to win headers just questioning how much he does with them after winning them, which I personally think is a valid position - he is fantastic at winning them, but how often do they lead to something major for us?
Maybe that's because rest of team is too farm from him.....

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
"Benteke is a Christian. He points up to the sky after scoring goals to thank God'

How can wikipedia possibly know that? Have you ever seen him score? :shrug:

I have often wondered who religious players blame when they miss the goal.
You never see them shaking their fist to the sky saying thank you God, thank you so ******** much, what did you make me do that for you ********, do you.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I have often wondered who religious players blame when they miss the goal.
You never see them shaking their fist to the sky saying thank you God, thank you so ******** much, what did you make me do that for you ********, do you.
Like all religious people they're selective.

Barn Door Benteke will go home, look at his Bentley and his mock Tudor house and think "yes, God is great".

Or possibly "Ha ha ha ha ha! I've been shit for over a season and yet I'm fleecing this turd of a club for MILLIONS! GOD IS GREAT!!!!!!".

Although you have to be very stupid to believe in religion, if you're very stupid and also massively wealthy then you have a better reason to believe in a higher power than anyone else.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Maybe I had the wrong coloured glasses on but I thought MOTD gave the impression that Fulham were by far the better team and we just made a late comeback. It didn't seem to reflect the whole game.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
FYI, this is the pedant table, as it stands:

Bold Seagull - 1
Robinjakarta - 1
knocky1 - 1
AZ Gull - 1
Thunder Bolt - 1
Gwylan - 1
Dick Head - 1
FatSuperman - 1
Postman Pat - 1

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Maybe that's because rest of team is too farm from him.....

Murray is a cereal goal socrer. He's not one to go on a maizey run, but is the best of the current crop of strikers. He wouldn't chicken out of a challenge. He's no show pony, but won't cower from anything and isn't sheepish when he gets a chance. Long may he stay bullish in his approach. His ability to hit a barndoor is eggsactly what we need.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here