Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MOTD The Premier League Show Tonight 10pm BBC"

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Crying into my muesli watching that this morning. It brought it all home. What a great piece.

One thing that is very notable is the amount of kids in the footage around the ground. bellotti and Archer robbed this community of its club, cut off its potential for support. It's so good to see it regenerate. It won't be fashionable being a family club in the Premier League, but who gives a shit, we're back and with a great future ahead of us.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Gabby Logan in Seaford at the start of the show.
Did she say how we must regret not putting out a stronger team against Lincoln, while Huddersfield got a couple of great games against a big club?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just watched our bit and found it quite emotional. Good to see us featured first- turned off when it got onto Bournemouth.
...is the right thing to do. Especially when Logan ridiculously introduces saying Bmuff have experienced the SAME...Sorry Gabby, must have missed the 2 years the Cherries played in Plymouth before coming back to a Leisure Centre in Poole whilst they waited 15 years for a planning enquiry to conclude after the previous chairman sold Dean Court for development and buggered off with the millions pocketed from etc.

Lego-Stand

Nov 6, 2003
I found it even more emotional when I saw that Lego-Stand junior had his 1 second of glory when asked to sum up Chris Hughton in one word ..... Epic came the response and up he popped on the TV last night ... proud dad :amex:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Despite all the great feedback I'm going to be STUBBORN and pop my MOTD Brighton cherry on the opening day of the season.

I can't wait to sit back, beer in hand, and hear that wonderful music. It'll be a special moment.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Despite all the great feedback I'm going to be STUBBORN and pop my MOTD Brighton cherry on the opening day of the season.

I can't wait to sit back, beer in hand, and hear that wonderful music. It'll be a special moment.

Well... providing we are not on the arse end of a hiding... then i might give it a miss !

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wasn't that impressed with the program as to supporters of a few years standing it was all old hat and has been said many times before. Ok for the new element among the supporters but in fairness I am not sure what I was really expecting

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I wasn't that impressed with the program as to supporters of a few years standing it was all old hat and has been said many times before. Ok for the new element among the supporters but in fairness I am not sure what I was really expecting

The programme is a national programme with the audience being from a wide base rather than for supporters of BHAFC.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Posts like this are the ones that make me doubt the people who have assured me that you're a real person when I was convinced you were some kind of parody/wind-up account.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I do agree with you in one aspect, the article going on about the 1983 LOSS. Lazy research.

What about the amazing football, endless wins, promotions and gates up to 33,500 from 1976 to 1979? The BBC filmed many of those games, so have a great library to pick from, also the occasional giant killing 1979 to 1983, and winning the 1983 semi in front of 55,000. The club was not defined in the 1970's and 1980's by the FAC Final, 1982/83 was the beginning of the decline as the directors had no more cash.

Point being, they have footage of many famous happy day wins.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Posts like this are the ones that make me doubt the people who have assured me that you're a real person when I was convinced you were some kind of parody/wind-up account.

Feature article on the PL show introducing a new member to the PL - be interesting to see what alternative content was expected by....err....some people. Given that a brief and sympathetic history of the last 34 years since we were last in the top division was not an acceptable formula............

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Did enjoy watching the show last night. Even found myself jumping around as usual, as Smith scores the first at Wembley.

I actually thought following on to Bournemouth did work, they went up as potential whipping boys, but are now surviving their 2nd season. I found it that reassuring.

I did find the show was a bit negative about Withdean. Sure it was basic, but better than travelling to Priestfield, and we do have some happy memories of the place.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

image.jpg

This old newspaper cartoon strip came up on Twitter today, reminded me of someone. :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I do agree with you in one aspect, the article going on about the 1983 LOSS. Lazy research.

What about the amazing football, endless wins, promotions and gates up to 33,500 from 1976 to 1979? The BBC filmed many of those games, so have a great library to pick from, also the occasional giant killing 1979 to 1983, and winning the 1983 semi in front of 55,000. The club was not defined in the 1970's and 1980's by the FAC Final, 1982/83 was the beginning of the decline as the directors had no more cash.

Point being, they have footage of many famous happy day wins.

....................but the piece was about the rise from the bottom, not so much the fall then the rise - so can understand why they did what they did in the time available. The FA Cup match is possibly just about all any MOTD follower outside of our won fan base knows, because real football wasn't invented then :)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I enjoyed it, if only for seeing the fan with the 83 cup final flag who sits directly behind me at games :)

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I enjoyed it, although I did think there was too much about the FA Cup Final, and the coverage of York invasion / last game at the Goldstone seemed to merge into one.

A good little history lesson for Premier League fans, the majority of whom probably know very little about what we've gone through since we wee last in the top flight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here