Most valuable Albion player?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This won't be a popular opinion on here, but Forster Caskey is possibly the correct answer currently. He or Dunk. March or Ince perhaps in time.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
With our record of letting players go for a song I expect Ince and dunk to go in the summer for about a million quid each.
We'll replace them with league one pony.

Who would you say that we've let to for a song? I can't think of many, particularly in the last 3-4 years.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Dunk. His goals this season will be helping to put him on PL clubs radars. Ince, Caskey, March and Lualua will also command decent fees.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Murray,Barnes,Cook,elphick,Bennet,Noone,to name but a few.
All premier league (or soon to be)quality let go for **** all or peanuts.

With the exception of Barnes - who we still got £750K for despite having only 5 months left - all of them were sold prior to Barber arriving. He's the one who has been negotiating the sales as far as I'm aware, and has ensured that we get some large fees for Ulloa, Bridcutt and Buckley, as well as up to 4.5m add ons if Sunderland, Leicester or Burnley stay up.

As for being Premier League, only Bennet (1.5m for a League 1 player) has played more than one season so far. None have been particularly successful.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
For me it's Ince, 2.75 million

I love Ince, but in order to become a better player he needs to improve the following:
-- his heading (although there have been encouraging signs of late on this)
-- his control: normally he requires too many touches, before releasing the ball
-- his vision: like too many of our players, his first thought is to look sideways or backwards; he needs to be suitably aware of those occasions when a forward pass will hurt the opposition
-- his decision-making: he's got this awe-inspiring ability to rampage forward with the ball (a la Viera, Toure, etc), but doesn't really have the self-belief to do so; if he can incorporate this more in to his game, things are looking up (on this, his rampaging forward without the ball has been highly encouraging, and he seems improved at knowing when, and when not, to do this).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports