Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Most underrated movie

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
A film that was maybe panned, or went under the radar, that you loved.

For me , The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2014 remake). It’s like a gentle Bond movie. Beautifully shot, amazing locations, great acting.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Totally stupid classic with a wondrously eclectic soundtrack :love:
p16298_p_v8_ae.jpg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The Browning Version. With Albert Finney.

Sublime. Got lost amongst sentimental pap like Dead Poets Society and Circle of Friends. It’s far superior to either of those.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
A film that was maybe panned, or went under the radar, that you loved.

For me , The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. It’s like a gentle Bond movie. Beautifully shot, amazing locations, great acting.
The remake I assume

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I seem to have become addicted to Film 4 weekday daytime movies - they have a load of remastered oldies. My absolute favourite has to be The Admirable Crichton with Kenneth More which, incidentally, is where Red Dwarf got the name Kryten from. After looking it up it was a box office hit, so doesn't count.
So I will therefore have to go for Gideon of Scotland Yard.
For a more modern movie, I would go for Hostiles.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Stir of Echoes - Kevin Bacon. A supernatural thriller which went a bit under the radar, I think due to Sixth Sense being released at a similar time.

It’s better than the latter in my opinion.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Leave No Trace, still my favouritist fillum of all time yet little watched.
Fandango with a young Costner is strong too.

Again, Leave No Trace was critically lauded and much loved by audiences. Voted best film of 2018 on dozens of platforms.

From Wikipedia;

Leave No Trace premiered at the 2018 Sundance Film Festival, and was theatrically released by Bleecker Street in the United States on June 29, 2018. The film received universal critical acclaim, with praise for the performances of Foster and McKenzie, and it is the most reviewed film to hold an approval rating of 100% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Won dozens of awards.

Sorry, I don’t want to be “that guy” but the film is not underrated. It’s just not a blockbuster.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
whilst not necessarily underrated, these two never got made into the series, they were intended to be
lemony.jpg

GC.jpg

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Stranger than Fiction . Turned this on not knowing what to expect and really enjoyed it. I'm not normally impressed by Emma Thompson or Will Ferrell but they both put in superb performances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here