Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most pointless Subbuteo add on you had?

Van der Gully

Jul 10, 2003
Brunssum, NL
Perhaps we should have done this on a poll because I am another vote for floodlights. Mine came in the box with everything else, I reckon you would have had to surround the pitch with them to have stood any chance of seeing your players, total waste of plastic and money.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Wozza said:
I had Subbuteo Rugby - and I f***ing HATE rugby. Now that was useless.

Got that for Xmas one year. All I can remember is the scrum being reprsented by some huge rugby ball shaped UFO into which you had to throw a smaller rugby ball. It was pants. Subbuteo cricket was much better.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I reckon you'd have needed Abramovich type finances to afford to build a complete stadium round you pitch and fill it with Fans only to render it useless as you then couldn't reach properly to play the match.

Minghawk

Jul 5, 2003
I got the astropitch when I was at uni, along with the Italia 90 goals.

managed to pick up the England 1966 team at an Oxfam.

Anyone for an NSC tourny?

Minghawk

Jul 5, 2003
forgot to say about the useless stuff that was also in the oxfam box.

Along with the 1966 team, I got the throw-on guys

8 foot giants who could lob the ball so high that it hit the ceiling.

also came with a royal box and royal figures to present the FA cup

Minghawk

Jul 5, 2003
hey, I've just noticed -

I'm now Robert Codner 'the black pearl of Shoreham'

must get my NOBO shirt out of the wardrobe

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
I painted a white head band round one of my Brighton players for Steve Foster only for him to be sold to Aston Villa about two weeks later.

I had floodlight well 3 of them and the first time I played with the lights out broke one straight away.

One of my mates had the astro pitch, stands, crowd etc,etc which we always set up, only for a missed kicked shot to go into the crowd and create the biggest bundle ever.

Worst buy has got to be the goalkeepers on springs IMHO.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
subbutteo..............

brilliant! i've still got mine downstairs!

the floodlights.........not only were they crap, but they didn't look anything like floodlights!

i had 2 camera stands (no idea why!), and those small camera people. and the stickers that went on the fence as advertising boards. and the coaches for the dugout and the manager with his coat! i also had the grandstand, and 2 smaller stands, and one corner stand.

did anyone else have the linesmen? how come there was no fourth official?

and my brazil players were black as well!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
brighton v england in the european cup final under floodlights...........we were in extra time........

then my dad came in and knocked over a floodlight, which in turn crushed about 5 players..........it was a long night glueing them back on!

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
goon2.JPG

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the photographers as well!

this threads given me the urge to dust the pitch off and have a game!

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I remember having a strange piece of green plastic which was supposed to be a launching pad enabling you to put the ball into the air for corners, at best you would project he ball onto the mass of inanimate figures massing in the box.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
ebaystadium1.jpg

thats my kind of ground!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here