Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most Passionate Support?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Was going to say Stoke. Also Norwich are bloody loud, even when Delia isn't getting em going.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I went to Highbury with a mate once to see Arsenal play Leeds & despite the fact Leeds lost 6 nil & were destined for relegation they sung all night. Unlike the Arsenal fans who were about to complete the first ever unbeaten season, You would've thought it'd be the other way round.

HackneyMan

Sep 21, 2010
I'm old enough to have visited the OLD Den several times in the late 60's & 70's.
I can still picture the poor bloke a few steps above me on the terracing one game, chatting to a few Millwall 'fans'?
"What do you think of Alex Stepney" .. asked Millwall?
"To be honest, I don't rate him" .. says Brighton fan.

Whooosh ....

Out of nowhere, without warning, one of the Millwall had produced a bicycle chain and whipped the Brighton fan two or three times right across the side of his face.
Poor guy was lying on the terrace with blood pouring out of his cheek and the Millwall thugs just ambled off. Not another word was spoken by them as they went.

I must admit pre-segregation 1960's I saw some Blackburn fans and Carlisle fans being attacked at The Ilderton Road End which was bad and I still remember those 2 incidents 40+ years later.

The above incident is disgraceful and one can hope for "What goes round comes round" and that they, eventually, got involved with the wrong people.
Lets hope so.

Millwall was extremely fervent though and topically I recall the Play-Off 2nd Leg against Albion at The Den after Albion won the 1st Leg 4/1.

When Milwall scored to lead 1/0 at half-time in the 2nd leg it was electrifying and Millwall lost 1/6 on aggregate, eventually.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I might be really stupid here.

Boca v River Plate is one of the biggest, if not THE biggest derby in the world right?

If it isthe right game then these two teams going at it is the best derby, with the best atmosphere and the best supporters in the world bar none. This country couldn't even compete with our pathetic rivalries to this war.

If its not the right two teams, then ignore this :thumbsup:

Yes that is the one, 'El Superclassico'. I was in Buenos Aires last year 4 days after the game was meant to take place. Checked into a hostel and saw they had had tickets available for it. Cursed myself for not getting there 4 days earlier, then switched on the TV 6 hours later to find it had been abandoned due to flooding and re-scheduled for that night. I could have gone if I had realised. Pissed off is not the word. Watched it on the TV though, incredible atmosphere, and bizarre walking around BA whilst the game is going on, the place was completely dead, everyone was inside watching it on TV, a lot of shops even close for it.

Went to Boca 4 days later though which was incredible. Best atmosphere I've ever seen by miles, and seriously intimidating when they start losing. Seems to suddenly become acceptable to chuck bottles, batteries, coins, bottles of piss and fireworks at your own players when they are taking a corner.

At half time I went down to the concourse to have a look around and heard loads of singing, so walked up to where it was coming from to find about 150 nutters singing and jumping around and banging on the window of this internal office urging the people inside to come out for a bit of fisticuffs. A closer look revealed about 20 police cowering inside. Can you imagine what would happen if you did that over here!?

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Stoke City. Never been there but for me always comes across as the loudest when watching them on tv.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here