Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most mental you have seen a crowd go at a gig? (VIDS)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Slipknot do this awesome thing during 'Spit It Out' (starts at 4.40 if you can't stand the racket)

Great fun being in the middle of all that when it goes off.

That would play havoc with my knees.

I reckon the accompanying "hhuummppffff" would drown out the band.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Buzzcocks at the Top Rank.

They were crap. Stage was stormed. All their kit smashed up. The speaker tower went.

But my over-riding memory is of one lone copper standing in the middle of the ground floor waving his truncheon around whilst being pelted with missiles from upstairs.

Sham 69 at the same venue was a bit lively too!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
1981 Feltham football club the crazies before they became the wreckin crew....

I know it's poor quality, but heck this was a fledgling genre, built from kids fed up with punk and rockabilles fed up with the poser attitude

They would even take on the NF and win.

[yt]Q2nOv5QT3CQ[/yt]

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I was at Finsbury Park in 1996, the day after England beat Spain. We were toward the front and the most mental I've experienced.

Good call with this.
We went down early and went to the Church , I think it was called, behind St Pancras station, good music and loads of booze. Then went across to Finsbury Park for the Pistols. Seem to remember Stuart Pearce on stage as well.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I was at that gig.
Iggy Pop was one of the support acts.
Great day.

Good call with this.
We went down early and went to the Church , I think it was called, behind St Pancras station, good music and loads of booze. Then went across to Finsbury Park for the Pistols. Seem to remember Stuart Pearce on stage as well.

Too right! Brilliant day. Pearce and Southgate introduced the Pistols too.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Too right! Brilliant day. Pearce and Southgate introduced the Pistols too.

IMG_0363.JPG

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I still the got the live CD of The Pistols set. That was a seriously good day.

If I'm honest after watching the England game the night before and going to the Church early doors on the Sunday, It's not a day that I can recall a lot about. ������

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
If I'm honest after watching the England game the night before and going to the Church early doors on the Sunday, It's not a day that I can recall a lot about. ������

We were hungover too. As I recall it The Pistols were late coming on doing their set, then Pearce and Southgate appeared on stage and everyone was screaming 'Psycho! Psycho! Psycho! Psycho!..........' before they introduced them.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Bloody love that Daphne and Celeste clip, never fails to make me laugh.

I always regret not seeing The Jesus & Mary Chain at their very first gigs. The ones that lasted about 30 seconds before the place got trashed. By the time I did get to see them, they matured to playing a full set, the *******s.

Most scared I've ever been at a gig was New Order in around 1987/8. It was a tent at Finsbury Park, and I was right against the barriers at the front when they suddenly gave way. Remember a ton of people all falling around and on top of me, and the band stopping as Hooky started yelling at everyone to "fookin' go back". Seriously scary moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here