Most Memorable live music performance

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Meat Loaf, Brighton early 80s.

Was that the one when it was all seated and the stewards kept making everyone sit down until Meat Loaf told them to let everyone stand after about 30 minutes. Thought that was a great thing to do until I heard they had done the same thing at all the venues.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Was that the one when it was all seated and the stewards kept making everyone sit down until Meat Loaf told them to let everyone stand after about 30 minutes. Thought that was a great thing to do until I heard they had done the same thing at all the venues.

I was there, he sat down on the edge ofthe stage and said someting like 'OK I'm sitting down, are you motherfuckers going to stand up?" that was a great show, I was on the 2nd row, dead centre, my girlfriend of the time managed to get sweated on by him, nice!

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
Went to see the Prodigy last night at the MK Bowl supported by Pendulum, Chase & Status, Enter Shikari and others. Was by far and away the loudest, messiest and most mental gig I've been to in my life. It was basically one big mosh pit of 70 thousand people. The Prodigy tore the place down with a 3 hour set closing with Out of Space. f***ing unreal!

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Went to see the Prodigy last night at the MK Bowl supported by Pendulum, Chase & Status, Enter Shikari and others. Was by far and away the loudest, messiest and most mental gig I've been to in my life. It was basically one big mosh pit of 70 thousand people. The Prodigy tore the place down with a 3 hour set closing with Out of Space. f***ing unreal!

A mate of mine went and saw it and said it was amazing and the best gig he had ever been to!! Wish i had taken up his offer to go now!!

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
For the fact it was a massive event seeing Green Day at Milton Keynes in 2005 was amazing. But the two gigs that left the biggest impression on me were the first time i saw the futureheads before they got big & Jackson United in 2008 at the Water rats in London.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Eddie and the Hotrods - The Marquee '77
Marley - The Rainbow
Joy Division - The Rainbow
The Ramones/Talking Heads
Weller - 3 nights in New York
Tom Waits - Dublin

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Seems to me the Essential Festival in Brighton never gets its proper due acclaim.

Used to love the roots day - usually the bank holiday Monday. Apart from the year I got ejected on the way in for having some "exotic" cigarettes on me :facepalm:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I could say the obvious e.g. U2 etc But one that sticks long in my mind is Roachford and the Town and Country Club 1989 just before they released Cuddly Toy. Place was mental!!! Brilliant night out.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Queen, Knebworth August 1986. Their last ever gig.

Was that the one with Status Quo, Belouis Some and can't remember the other support band ?

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
Ian dury and the blockheads(1st ever gig crawley leisure centre),steel pulse(brighton top rank),can't believe nobody's mentioned pink floyd at wembley '88'(1st gig there to feature quadrphonic sound).Happy mondays gig's were always great,especially kilburn national ballroom supported by shamen,they refused to come on until the neccessary chemicals arrived,oh what memory's!!

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
A mate of mine went and saw it and said it was amazing and the best gig he had ever been to!! Wish i had taken up his offer to go now!!
It was seriously untouchable. There is no way you could see a more incredible live performance. The energy flowing from the stage and through the crowd was utterly amazing and we were right at the front when they took to the stage! They truly are still the masters of the game :bowdown:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

exactly the same happened at the CHIC gig at the Centre

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hildegard Behrens as Elektra, Royal Opera House - gave me goosebumps. It was election night in 1997 and I couldn't face the tube after that performance, I wanted to walk for a bit to keep in my head. I remember walking past the Labour party nobs arriving for the post-election party but everything was still buzzing.

I've seen most of the great opera singers of the last 20 years and some great performances but she blew my head off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports