Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

most likely loan signings..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
FA rules do not permit a player to go out on loan until they have signed a full pro contract i.e in Theo Walcotts case after March 2006. He was going to stay on loan at Southampton but the FA would not allow it.

Arsenal have sent him away on 10 weeks holiday. This is obviously to stop Chelsea getting at him between now and then, which they are perfectly entitled to do although Arsenal have paid £5m.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
oi im not a twat..whoever said that!

nearly 3 years for me to think of that witty comeback

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BensGrandad said:
FA rules do not permit a player to go out on loan until they have signed a full pro contract i.e in Theo Walcotts case after March 2006. He was going to stay on loan at Southampton but the FA would not allow it.

Arsenal have sent him away on 10 weeks holiday. This is obviously to stop Chelsea getting at him between now and then, which they are perfectly entitled to do although Arsenal have paid £5m.

why dont they just play him?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Do you think he will be ready for the next World Cup?

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
KinkyHitler said:
Whoever his advisor is did a bad job, thenames Wright, Pennant and jeffers should have been uttered to him.

Why, Arsenal, recently give all their youngsters a chance, if he went to Chelsea he wouldnt play until around Feb 2012!

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
Arsenal was the best Premiership club he could have gone to. They really look after their youngsters.

Is he allowed to play for us at the world cup at just 16?

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
KinkyHitler said:
Whoever his advisor is did a bad job, thenames Wright, Pennant and jeffers should have been uttered to him.

dont forget Upson.

and yea...thats the basis of an article I'm about to write.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
paddy said:
Arsenal was the best Premiership club he could have gone to. They really look after their youngsters.

Is he allowed to play for us at the world cup at just 16?

Ashley Cole is the only one that seems to have come through their system, even players like Flamini have been purchased and then shoved into the system.

The number that leave is high, Sidwell, Spicer, Taylor, Pennant, Upson, Barratt etc.

Some are not good enough, but Sidwell, Pennant and Upson could all come back to haunt them at some point.

Even Bentley who looks a decent forward never gets a look in, they have loaned him off to Blackburn.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
If your good enougt your old enough, and if you spend that amount on him you would hope they think he is good enough.

I hope for the sake of Theo it wasnt just to get at Chelsea for signing swp in summer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
as you say if you are good enough you are old enough is he good enough, strong enough to play in the Premiership yet.

Why not bring him on a little until he has signed his pro contract he then becomes a very marketable product if he is a success in the Premier League.

E

enigma

Uncle Buck said:

Some are not good enough, but Sidwell, Pennant and Upson could all come back to haunt them at some point.

Even Bentley who looks a decent forward never gets a look in, they have loaned him off to Blackburn.

Upson was one they should have kept, but Pennant was the master of his own downfall. He would be no more than a squad player in their team now, although I think he's a great talent and could make the England squad over the next year.

Bentley isnt bad but he's hardly set the world alight elsewhere, and Sidwell is good in the Championship and possibly will be in the Premiership, but theres no way they would have needed him. He's not top 4 quality.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
enigma said:
Upson was one they should have kept, but Pennant was the master of his own downfall. He would be no more than a squad player in their team now, although I think he's a great talent and could make the England squad over the next year.

Bentley isnt bad but he's hardly set the world alight elsewhere, and Sidwell is good in the Championship and possibly will be in the Premiership, but theres no way they would have needed him. He's not top 4 quality.

Is Hleb much better than Sidwell?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here