Votes: 24 48.0%

• Total voters

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
“Pal” said to a stranger.

Used by some NSC’ers, losing their cool in an online disagreement. Their facade of a smug debater, blown in a single word.

Along with.....

Bud

Bro

Mate etc

When the person using that phrase is none of these things to me.

But currently anyone using the currently frequently used phrase on here of “Hope this/that helps” is an utter tool and self centred smug waxxer.

Oh, and ‘awesome’ grates too, but I am just going to have to learn to live with that one!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Along with.....

Bud

Bro

Mate etc

When the person using that phrase is none of these things to me.

But currently anyone using the currently frequently used phrase on here of “Hope this/that helps” is an utter tool and self centred smug waxxer.

Oh, and ‘awesome’ grates too, but I am just going to have to learn to live with that one!

Even though I agree with you, I'm very guilty of using "mate" to all and sundry. Don't know why, it just comes out without thinking.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Starting every sentence with "so"
Fam
Blud
Of instead of " 've " - could've should've etc
And the perennial favourite "Can I get" of course

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
This is a text I get from Barclays every month which demonstrates their rather desperate and bewildering attempts to appear "street". It might be acceptable if these texts were tailored to a very specific type of customer, but if they are I can assure you I am not it. It is my suspicion that they are generic texts sent to everyone.
Manages to include two phrases in the space of such a concise message. "Heads up" and "Nice one".
Screenshot_2019-11-22-10-06-15.png

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
it was only advisory

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I don't know if this has been mentioned as I can't be arsed to trawl through but the overuse of the word 'Super' gets right on my tits. Such as

"I'm super busy today"
"It would be great if you could attend this meeting, It is Super important"

A recent phenomenon but one where the culprits need hanging, very slowly, with Piano wire.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
I confess to using "the fact of the matter is......" to answer a question, in a meeting for instance. Absolute management-speak bollox, but it gives a vital few seconds to compose a better answer. Which may have been factual or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here