Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most agonising pain?

The Orange Seagull

Time Traveller
Jul 8, 2004
Stuck in the 80's
Another one here with a Spontaneous Pneumothorax (collapsed lung) not sure which was more painful, the initial lung collapse or the large chest drain tube they inserted into my chest cavity, bloody terrifying experience and wouldn't wish it on anybody!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Another one here with a Spontaneous Pneumothorax (collapsed lung) not sure which was more painful, the initial lung collapse or the large chest drain tube they inserted into my chest cavity, bloody terrifying experience and wouldn't wish it on anybody!

Lovely feeling, isn't it?

Did the doctor shove his/her finger in the hole and wiggle it about to make it big enough for the tube?

The Orange Seagull

Time Traveller
Jul 8, 2004
Stuck in the 80's
Lovely feeling, isn't it?

Did the doctor shove his/her finger in the hole and wiggle it about to make it big enough for the tube?

Don't remember doctor put her fingers in the hole (think it was some metal caliper thing) but remember my breath being taken away when she shoved the tube in, what little breath I had left anyway, then the excrutiating pain in my side when the local anasthetic wore off, had at least three different painkillers all at the same time, think they may have been paracetamol, pethidine injection and tramadol?, nothing worked and was in agony for hours!!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Don't remember doctor put her fingers in the hole (think it was some metal caliper thing) but remember my breath being taken away when she shoved the tube in, what little breath I had left anyway, then the excrutiating pain in my side when the local anasthetic wore off, had at least three different painkillers all at the same time, think they may have been paracetamol, pethidine injection and tramadol?, nothing worked and was in agony for hours!!
Painkiller wise, I was put straight onto morphine once my drain was in. That seemed to do the job.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Having my hand squeezed by my wife as she gave birth. Absolutely unimaginable excruciating pain.

Whenever I've mentioned this to my wife, she just shakes her head. Some people just don't know how to empathise with others pain.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Having my hand squeezed by my wife as she gave birth. Absolutely unimaginable excruciating pain.

Whenever I've mentioned this to my wife, she just shakes her head. Some people just don't know how to empathise with others pain.

8 weeks ago my missus went through the same,my hand was crushed,that said at the time,630am in the morning i did not feel it......i know childbirth is meant to be painful-but all i thought was,why has her agony level just gone through the roof and more worrying was why it was staying there,she was paralyzed in the worst agony for what seemed like a good 3 or 4 minutes..

There i was on my hands and knees,my left hand being crushed (a left hand i may add that 3 years ago glass went through and still give me pain on occasion) anyway,with my right i was stroking her forehead and grabbing the gas tube and shoving it in her mouth-breath on this i said-anyway thankfully the midwife said,the head is out,my relief (phew) just the home straight now....the next thing i knew i was cutting the cord....

All this after a 12 hour labour.......our first was out within 2 and a half hours,a breeze.....so you could see why i was panicking...

Anyway i digress,....your right,nobody can feel another's pain and i empathize with almost all the replies,i hate pain..

Baby doing well and was 6 Lb 2 at birth now 9lbs 10 and counting,both and the worried dad doing fine..

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Got to be cracked rib. Couldn't move for a week and every time I coughed or laughed it felt like someone was driving a knife into me......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Cramp in the calf muscles at 3am when I've been on the piss. It's the suddenness that makes it so bad. One minute fine, the next it feels like some nutter has shot me.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Big motorcycle accident in Pyecombe in 2009, they thought I'd broken every bone in my body. Natural painkillers kept me feeling OK but a week later when they had to re-break my wrist to fix it - just shaded ahead of kidney stones and no amount of Morphine dulled it. Bad!

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I dislocated my knee a few times and the nice nurse at hospital told me it hurts more than a break.
I had it fixed in 1983 between attending the Cup Final and the replay.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

You really shouldn't be having sex with the female doctors when in hospital.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
When I had a kidney stone, I turned up in A&E not knowing what it was, and lay down on the floor as the pain was so acute. The medics rushed over and said "is it the worst pain you've ever felt in your life" as apparently this is a characteristic of kidney stones. I decided it was marginally worse than earache which was pretty bad as a kid. Thankfully I passed the ******* after a few restless hours on the GU ward among groaning pensioners hooked up to catheters!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here