[Football] Morocco and Japan.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Only watched one full game (Wales v Iran) rest has been highlights and reports,but personally out of what i have seen Morocco and Japan seem to be really up for it, certainly put in a shift and what would it do to the game if one of those two sides went on to lift the cup ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Japan look a genuinely dangerous opponent.

Absolutely fine with soaking up a huge amount of pressure and then go for these absolutely gung ho lightning quick breaks.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Morocco look very well-organised and have players at good clubs in top leagues.

I enjoy watching Japan in the second half of games but feel a bit frustrated that they're quite passive for the first 45 minutes. I think they'll come unstuck against a wily opponent in a knock-out match.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Morocco look very well-organised and have players at good clubs in top leagues.

I enjoy watching Japan in the second half of games but feel a bit frustrated that they're quite passive for the first 45 minutes. I think they'll come unstuck against a wily opponent in a knock-out match.
Also not to be stereotypical, but they could get undone by a physically dominant team also - they're a very short side and could see someone like Maguire monstering them at set pieces.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I think Croatia might not be a bad opponent for Japan - not the quickest, more of a technical side but they are exactly what I meant by a team who knows how to win. Could see it going either way.

Morocco - Spain is also not easy to call. I think Spain (and France) might have lost some momentum after a flying start - Morocco might nick it.

levs

Jul 10, 2017
Also not to be stereotypical, but they could get undone by a physically dominant team also - they're a very short side and could see someone like Maguire monstering them at set pieces.
I can see your point, but give them credit they were able to handle set pieces against the likes of Rudiger, Sule and Pau Torres. Although Morata did score a header against them fairly unchallenged, albeit not from a set piece.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Long odds on us playing Japan: they are in other side of draw while Spain are now in ours, that's the bugger of Mitoma's fine effort.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports