Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Morgan Stanley begins move away from London

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Billions of overseas wealth is invested in Morgan Stanley and many other banks. if that money doesn't fllow the UK any more we cannot tax it which means billions lost in taxes. The jobs lost is bad enough but the money lost to the UK in other areas if they move over the next 20 years we need to generate the income from somewhere else. I am not saying the UK cannot do it in other ways but I would rather no to have needed to.

Its no different to a shop having a customer who spends thousands in your shop every year. You have a member of staff who is rude to them and they say OK I will take my business elsewhere'' You say ''Good Riddance'' I never liked you anyway.

Now sales are down. Who do you blame ? For me you blame the sales assistant who was rude to them. Well in this instance the sales assistants who were rude to them were Nigel Farage and Boris Johnston. But instead we will now promote them, just in the hope they might JUST MIGHT be able to bring in the sales they lost plus more besides.

I hope the banks don't pull out of the UK I really do and I want to move on from being angry and I will do but for the moment - We have gambled and we can't even cash out or sell the house because we are sitting in a ''losing''' or ''negative equity'' position

With Osborne's chummy deals,they probably pay bugger-all anyway.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Nigel Farage..."we now need a Brexit Government"
We need a pro Europe government that will work with our best trading partner. Out of the EU is not out of Europe, let's make it work.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Not true because if your offices are based in the UK you cannott ''deem the income/sales to be arising'' anywhere other than in the UK. Thus it has to be taxed in the UK

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
And even if that were true, every time these bankers go out for a slap up meal or buy a mink lined codpiece they are paying VAT and keeping people (who pay tax) in jobs.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
We make most of our money from the square mile and when it is empty life will not be good for the country

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Look at all the lefties shitting themselves over job losses. British tradesman have had to put up with this shite for the last ten or more years only to be told its healthy competition. Karma is a bitch lol.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Not surprised they want to move away from London, the place [edited by mod].

Last edited by a moderator:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here