Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] More then Ninety Minute's BHA 95-97

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
The thing is, we were not part of the club back then...If anything we were at war with the club.

I can see where you're coming from. Although the Albion was being run in to the ground, I felt more than ever that it was my (and the army of regular supporters at the time), Club. We were at war with a certain few within our Club. That's why they had to be forced out. I'm sure everyone who was involved with Brighton throughout those times will never forget the togetherness generated by the fans. Today's "Togetherness" is just a pale imitation.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I can see where you're coming from. Although the Albion was being run in to the ground, I felt more than ever that it was my (and the army of regular supporters at the time), Club. We were at war with a certain few within our Club. That's why they had to be forced out. I'm sure everyone who was involved with Brighton throughout those times will never forget the togetherness generated by the fans. Today's "Togetherness" is just a pale imitation.

Maybe we just see things differently here. I agree that it felt more like "our club" back then as we were fighting for it, but we were really a part of it, those in-charge had completely alienated us.

For me it was with fellow fans and our faction to force out Archer, Stanley & Bellotti, that I felt I belonged...That was were the togetherness was with at that time, not with the club.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Fountainhead

Jan 31, 2011
Herts
I have No 1224 - It a great book, and brilliantly captures that era.
It was my brother, lying on his back and sliding under gate 15 and lifting the bolts that let the protesters in to the ground at the Mansfield game. We are both pictured on Page 114(from a great distance) in the exclusion zone in front of the directors box, being spoken to by a steward. When the approaching masses were pointed out to him- he just said ‘sod this’ and walked away...
It was horrible at the time, but looking through the book makes you appreciate where we are now even more.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Nice to see that again, mine is tucked away in a box.
Signed by Stewart, Paul, Stuart Storer, and I think Ross Johnson.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Agreed . . . I don't think I ever felt more than just a football fan and supporter of my local club, but it was being raped and pillaged by 2 cancerous scum bags with no interest other than their own financial reward, I didn't get hugely involved but attended as many things as I could and certainly went to all the games, or not, as was required to make sure our voices and actions spoke as loudly as possible.

I suppose I'm one of the die hard 5000 from back then . . . . IF it all went tits up tomorrow it'd be interesting to see if that's grown or not since. THere are plenty of supporters out there now who have no knowledge of any of that period.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Agreed . . . I don't think I ever felt more than just a football fan and supporter of my local club, but it was being raped and pillaged by 2 cancerous scum bags with no interest other than their own financial reward, I didn't get hugely involved but attended as many things as I could and certainly went to all the games, or not, as was required to make sure our voices and actions spoke as loudly as possible.

I suppose I'm one of the die hard 5000 from back then . . . . IF it all went tits up tomorrow it'd be interesting to see if that's grown or not since. THere are plenty of supporters out there now who have no knowledge of any of that period.

Yes, you’d have to be in your thirties now to have been directly involved - a generation and a half ago. It’s books like this that will keep the history alive for generations of fans to come. They need to be passed down as family treasure.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Yes, you’d have to be in your thirties now to have been directly involved - a generation and a half ago. It’s books like this that will keep the history alive for generations of fans to come. They need to be passed down as family treasure.

Totally agree, I'm rapidly homing in on 50 and was 20's in the 90's, prime football attending years. I have shown the book to my lad who is 14 now, it doesn't mean anything to him, but as always sits proudly on the book shelf in the 'drawing room' :rolleyes: He will look properly and read it someday. I'll make suer of that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here