Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More red cards rescinded

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Both Konchesky and Welsh have had their red cards from the weekend rescinded. Both looked pretty harsh to me so good to see common sense prevailing. Seems to be quite a few cards being rescinded already this season, are the refs making more mistakes? Or are they trying to make up for their mistakes more? And the beeb still think that Konchesky still plays for Charlton :rolleyes: :shootself

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Koncheskys was crazy....It was a brilliant tacckle & left the happy hammers to play out the rest of the game with 10 men. Yes justice has been done but as with the Jenas sending off the week before Newcastle went on to lose. I know you cant go round playing replays but if this trend continues they are going to have to bring in a video referee sooner rather than later.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Fourteenth Eye said:
Koncheskys was crazy....It was a brilliant tacckle & left the happy hammers to play out the rest of the game with 10 men. Yes justice has been done but as with the Jenas sending off the week before Newcastle went on to lose.

Except the Konchesky tackle was fair.......

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
theres noway a video ref can be brought in. where would you stop play. like koncheskys incident, if he hadnt been deemed to have fowled jenas the jj would have probably scored.

would you let him score then look at the tackle, stop play, stop him from scoring then deem the tackle to be fair?

just wont work

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
purely for the moan I bet we don't get one rescinded when it matters for a non incident.

Video evidence could only be used for goal line decisions IMO , i think everything else should be left to the ref to get right or wrong. . . all part of the game being lucky , getting robbed etc

personally the only rule I'd change is the players booked for over celebrating. . . .what a farce

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Funny, though, how Premiership clubs seem to have a higher success rate in getting cards wiped out than the minions in the Coca Cola League, isn't it?

And that's despite them supposedly having the choice of the best refs.

It does help having 45 different TV angles, plus the weight of the tabloid press behind you.

Different world.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
edna krabappel said:
Funny, though, how Premiership clubs seem to have a higher success rate in getting cards wiped out than the minions in the Coca Cola League, isn't it?

And that's despite them supposedly having the choice of the best refs.

It does help having 45 different TV angles, plus the weight of the tabloid press behind you.

Different world.

Which is why I really couldnt give a f*** about the Premier League unless we were playing there.

Last edited:

jolson

Aug 8, 2005
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Which is why I really couldnt give a f*** about the Premier League unless we were playing there.

Really? as a football lover I could happily sit and watch any competitive game. that's like saying you wouldn't watch the World Cup unless England were in it. (which they won't be past the first round :lolol: )

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its over pampered, over paid alice band wearing pansies who have no idea of the real world.

Did you know according to FFT that there are one or two high profile premier league players (they cant name them) who pay to have people close their cupboards and change their lightbulbs.

But anyway let me rephrase that. I couldnt give a f*** about who wins or loses the premier league, who goes up or down (except Palace), I support BHAFC only. I cannot get wound up over Chelsea v Arsenal or Man Utd v Liv coz I really dont care who wins or loses.

Id like to see Wigan stay up because the 'bigger teams' thinks its their divine right to stay in the league.

jolson

Aug 8, 2005
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Id like to see Wigan stay up because the 'bigger teams' thinks its their divine right to stay in the league. [/B]

I agree on that :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here