it says it all

Attachments

• scan0053.jpg
    scan0053.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 571

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
F*ck me; that brought back a lot of emotions. As much as I am loving the new stadium, those pictures hurt.

RIP our beloved Goldstone. We'll never forget.

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
Im sad and happy to see these pictures

Sad to see the 'old girl' go.....sad to think the youngsters (ok 18-25) never really have had a home, and have no idea what that means.

But over the f**king moon to see our new home.........

GOLDSTONE you will NEVER NEVER be fogotten
AMEX or FALMER you will NEVER NEVER be able to replace her........

turnstiler

Ex North Stand Turnstiler
Mar 6, 2009
Cologne, Germany
Sitting here in Cologne with a lump in my throat and a tear in the eye. That hurt will never go away.

Man, that left me speechless.

I remember seeing the bulldozers going in and seeing them rip the stadium apart. Thats when it really sunk in. Up until then I always thought something would give, I never really thought it would be taken away....cue my signature.
:(

I've recounted that part of our history to almost every student I have ever taught and I too tell them that the day the bulldozers moved in to the Goldstone (may she rest in peace) was the day I realised that nothing is sacred and untouchable. A piece of my faith in everything died that day and I try never to take anything for granted anymore. I knew the place inside out and I hope Archer and Bellotti will one day get their just desserts for what they did. It was more than a stadium, it was a community. Never stop telling the story...never.

Thanks for the pictures of the poor old lady. :(

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I remember the last game at the Goldstone and not really feeling any kind of sadness, probably more just numb.

It was only when I was passing a few weeks later and stopped to climb up the bank where the north east corner had been, and saw all the diggers tearing the place up that it really hit me and I confess I felt like crying.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Misleading thread title. I don't think I'd have opened it if I'd known.

But, as it happens, despite the tear in my eye, I'm glad I did.

Because I've never been back down the Old Shoreham Road as I couldn't face seeing the Goldstone retail park, I have had a kind of mental gap. Somewhere really important to me isn't there anymore, but I haven't quite believed it as I've not allowed myself to see it.

Your photos are the first step to me feeling able to walk/drive past in the future, I think.

Thanks.

Move on

Misleading thread title. I don't think I'd have opened it if I'd known.

But, as it happens, despite the tear in my eye, I'm glad I did.

Because I've never been back down the Old Shoreham Road as I couldn't face seeing the Goldstone retail park, I have had a kind of mental gap. Somewhere really important to me isn't there anymore, but I haven't quite believed it as I've not allowed myself to see it.

Your photos are the first step to me feeling able to walk/drive past in the future, I think.

Thanks.

IT WAS THE GROUND GETTING DEMOLISHED AND NO REAL HOPE OF A NEW ONE ,THATS WHAT HURT,NOW WE CAN ALL MOVE ON TOGETHER BUT DONT FORGET WHAT A FEW CAN DO IF LEFT UNCHECKED AND UN CHALLENGED guitar:

Can't remember which game it was but it was the return to Hove after a LONG trip north (burnley in 2002 or somehere like that) and at the traffic lights at the bootom of sackville Road the batflid of a coach driver started turning left to along the Old Shoreham Road.................

He was nearly lynched:wozza:

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Had this one in my window for a while.

Attachments

• Save the Albion.jpg
    Save the Albion.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 355

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
i was looking forward to some nice new amex photos when i opened this, only to be gobsmacked at what i saw :(

very sad pictures.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
I drove past the old girl twice today,helping someone move,GOD I miss her,even the last relic-that bit of wall still standing up the north east corner-seems to have been f***ed over for the burger bar car park,I can only hope Falmer can earn our affection and gives this Albion generation the same memories and generates the same level of affection.

It will always be HOME to me. RIP The Goldstone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here