Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More expense from virgin

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
I'm feeling old; I have no idea what this means.

1GB Tivo box is the model and size of the set top box virgin have given us. IGB is the size of the memory and its their new 'tivo box, which you can record and the box recommends other programs to watch. V+HD box is what Virgin media call one of their standard boxes, this one has the ability to watch and record HD channels vs a v+ box, which doesn't.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
1GB Tivo box is the model and size of the set top box virgin have given us. IGB is the size of the memory and its their new 'tivo box, which you can record and the box recommends other programs to watch. V+HD box is what Virgin media call one of their standard boxes, this one has the ability to watch and record HD channels vs a v+ box, which doesn't.
1TB not 1GB surely?

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I've split my providers.

Virgin provide phone (free calls to 0844) and broadband (100MB) - £46.35
Sky HD - with two recording boxes (one of them 2TB), with Movies, but no Sport - £69.50

Does me fine, oh and no increase in payments due to no Sports on either. I use NowTV on my AppleTV to buy day passes on Sky for £7

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Their customer services is EVEN worse wasted 3 weeks telling them I'd moved and them saying they can't provide me with service anymore and I have pay £162 to cancel, despite me telling them all my neighbours have the service and telling them where the junction was to be connected! 3 managers and 20 odd customer service bods later they came to check it out after 3 weeks, then a week later "plugged me in". F****** awful outfit, as soon as contract ends they're gone!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Paying about £140 monthly to Sky (full TV package on 2 x HD boxes, one normal box, fibre optic broadband and telephone), plus whatever BT charge. definite case of inertia on my part as really ought to look into changing I guess, but can't be arsed. It all works very well but for that price it should. When one of my boxes went wrong they came out the following day (a Sunday) and simply replaced the box (it wasn't under warranty)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here