Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] More Chris Wilder delusion...

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Doesn't that only apply if the defender is also the last man and it's a denial of a clear goal scoring opportunity.

In this case Sheffield United also had 2 or 3 players in and around the 6 yard box, their captain could certainly have been considered to be in a position to block any shot, so I'm not sure it would be a clear denial of a goal scoring opportunity if the penalty was given.

View attachment 176664
Yes, had this been given it would be a yellow card at most. Not really a case for DOGSO
  • distance between offence and goal: Mitoma is well inside the box
  • general direction of the play: Again, well inside the box and moving forwards and inside
  • likelihood of keeping or gaining control of the ball: He didn't actually touch the ball, but it's right at his feet
  • location and number of defenders: McAtee isn't the last defender, Souza is close to the play as well, Ahmedhodžić is back and they've got another two players in the middle

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Following their 1-0 defeat at Wolves, Wilder's post-match interview contained the gem that they have been defending well all season, even under the previous manager, and "it's all small margins". Is this the team that conceded 5 goals in 3 successive home games or am I now in a parallel universe?
They’re literally on track to concede the most goals EVER in a PL season :lolol:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Straight red all day long , Wilder should just accept it instead of trying to suggest that in the 80s in Division 3 it’d have been acceptable.
I think Holgate did attempt to get the ball but was so inept that he took out Mitoma instead.
You are entitled to your opinion, but I fundamentally disagree.

Holgate's right foot ended up a good 2 to 3 feet away from the ball. I don't believe a professional player can miss the ball by such a margin. In my opinion, Holgate absolutely did intend to take Mitoma out of the game by injuring him. I understand that Holgate has previous....

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Just watched the highlights on MOTD2 and 2 of his players were fighting each other. If he spent as much effort generating a team spirit as whinging, he'd probably get further.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Following their 1-0 defeat at Wolves, Wilder's post-match interview contained the gem that they have been defending well all season

Have you got a link to that? It wasn't in this one:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Straight red all day long , Wilder should just accept it instead of trying to suggest that in the 80s in Division 3 it’d have been acceptable.
I think Holgate did attempt to get the ball but was so inept that he took out Mitoma instead.
Nope. It was his attempted 'free hit', 'too early' to be a red. He absolutely meant to take him out, just made it way too obvious

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Wilder talks a good game. Watch your back in Riyadh Chris.

IMG_1742.png

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
That depends on whether they forked out for a return ticket.
Sure they have, first class return ticket for his head on a sandwich platter

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here