Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Monumental season ST howler resolved by the Club in superb fashion...

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
Had two ST's in the North last year, one of my daughters become an avid supporter when my son couldn't make it to some of the games so I decided to get her an ST of her own this year and move us all into the East Upper.

I made the call in mid April and bagged three seats and got allocated Block D Row N 573-575 and paid the deposit for the daughters new ST.

Then catastrophe....the post arrived on Saturday and daughters ST is next to our old seats in the North Stand....with the bottom falling out of my world I called the Club and they confirmed my fears we were all seated in the North and he couldn't reallocate as ST sales had now ceased. I obviously wasn't happy with that so I asked for a ticket office manager to call me this morning to try to find a solution.

I've been gutted all weekend as mates had all moved into East Upper when I confirmed my seats and I had been really looking forward to moving and changing the view. My daughter (who I had shared every photo update with showing East Stand being built) was really disappointed too, and with ST's practically sold out and with me needing three in a row I feared the worst.

And then Simon rung from the ticket office this morning and apologised for the error - and placed us with three seats together exactly one row in front of where we were orginally supposed to be. He said that they keep some ST's back to cope with problems like this one. He also got us three seats elsewhere in the East Upper for the game tomorrow night (as our new three had been sold for Cardiff match).

So all in all top marks for the Albion. I feared the worst hearing Paul Barbers radio piece on the ST waiting list over the weekend but the Club came good and found us the seats in the Upper where we were supposed to be - and with the same view we had set our hearts on.

A big thanks to Simon for retrieving a desperate situation...fine work fella :clap2::clap2:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
You're supposed to come on here and MOAN about not getting your ST. It's this kind of POSITIVE story that ruins NSC for everyone else.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Could I ask where in the North those three seats were together? My brother and I have ST in the North and are not Sat together? We now may be able to switch our seats?

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
Block N1D Row H Seats 397-399. We are over near the left hand corner but inside of the touchline by a few meters. We are just high enough back to get a bit of elavation. There's a friendly bunch around us but I just wanted to get into the East Upper to get a higher view of the whole field.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
At last somebody praising the club, all too often all you get on here is moan moan moan

You're supposed to come on here and MOAN about not getting your ST. It's this kind of POSITIVE story that ruins NSC for everyone else.

Quite. Allow me to show you how it should have been done...

I don't want to moan, but, I'm so f-ed off with the club. It's so amateurish. I had a SIMPLE request, when I renewed my ticket to change from the north stand to the east upper, and buy an extra ticket for daughter. Simple enough but these JOKERS couldn't even get that right. Instead they gave me my ORIGINAL seats and one next to it. This is UNACCEPTABLE. Instead of everything going of smoothly, they messed up, and then I had to call THEM, on MY phone bill. I was IRATE! The guy in the office said there was NOTHING THEY COULD do. What sort of a ticket office are we running tht they can't sort out a simply problem like this. I DEMANDED attention from the TO manager. I was so PO-ed when he wasn't available I said they had to call me, I'm not paying over a grand on the season tickets only to have t spend more on MY phone bill sorting out THEIR cock up.

EVENTUALLY I got a call back. I had to hang around so I didn't miss the call. They really should have given me a time to expect a call rather than ruin my week as I wait like a f'ing DOG for them to deign to call little ol' me. Still, after I kicked up a FUSS they promised to give me pretty much the seats I PAID FOR. No harm no foul? F that! They can't give me those seats for the Cardiff game because they've already been SOLD to someone else. So, they can change things around for my for the rest of the season, but not for cardiff, what sort of service is that?!

Oh, and get this... The guy told me they KEEP some ST back to deal with mistakes like this! Maybe if they didn't screw up in he first place they would be able to sell MORE tickets.

Is it any wonder we can't afford a new striker when our ticket office has to PROTECT themselves form their own MISTAKES​

Silly you, praising the club for going to lengths to help solve your problem to a completely satisfactory end.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
So there are now 3 ST seats available in the north is the interesting part of this story. :jester:

had two st's in the north last year, one of my daughters become an avid supporter when my son couldn't make it to some of the games so i decided to get her an st of her own this year and move us all into the east upper.

I made the call in mid april and bagged three seats and got allocated block d row n 573-575 and paid the deposit for the daughters new st.

Then catastrophe....the post arrived on saturday and daughters st is next to our old seats in the north stand....with the bottom falling out of my world i called the club and they confirmed my fears we were all seated in the north and he couldn't reallocate as st sales had now ceased. I obviously wasn't happy with that so i asked for a ticket office manager to call me this morning to try to find a solution.

I've been gutted all weekend as mates had all moved into east upper when i confirmed my seats and i had been really looking forward to moving and changing the view. My daughter (who i had shared every photo update with showing east stand being built) was really disappointed too, and with st's practically sold out and with me needing three in a row i feared the worst.

And then simon rung from the ticket office this morning and apologised for the error - and placed us with three seats together exactly one row in front of where we were orginally supposed to be. He said that they keep some st's back to cope with problems like this one. He also got us three seats elsewhere in the east upper for the game tomorrow night (as our new three had been sold for cardiff match).

So all in all top marks for the albion. I feared the worst hearing paul barbers radio piece on the st waiting list over the weekend but the club came good and found us the seats in the upper where we were supposed to be - and with the same view we had set our hearts on.

A big thanks to simon for retrieving a desperate situation...fine work fella :clap2::clap2:

the seats at the front of esu are club tickets,yes the ones that were quite often empty in the east stand last year:facepalm:

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Had two ST's in the North last year, one of my daughters become an avid supporter when my son couldn't make it to some of the games so I decided to get her an ST of her own this year and move us all into the East Upper.

I made the call in mid April and bagged three seats and got allocated Block D Row N 573-575 and paid the deposit for the daughters new ST.

Then catastrophe....the post arrived on Saturday and daughters ST is next to our old seats in the North Stand....with the bottom falling out of my world I called the Club and they confirmed my fears we were all seated in the North and he couldn't reallocate as ST sales had now ceased. I obviously wasn't happy with that so I asked for a ticket office manager to call me this morning to try to find a solution.

I've been gutted all weekend as mates had all moved into East Upper when I confirmed my seats and I had been really looking forward to moving and changing the view. My daughter (who I had shared every photo update with showing East Stand being built) was really disappointed too, and with ST's practically sold out and with me needing three in a row I feared the worst.

And then Simon rung from the ticket office this morning and apologised for the error - and placed us with three seats together exactly one row in front of where we were orginally supposed to be. He said that they keep some ST's back to cope with problems like this one. He also got us three seats elsewhere in the East Upper for the game tomorrow night (as our new three had been sold for Cardiff match).

So all in all top marks for the Albion. I feared the worst hearing Paul Barbers radio piece on the ST waiting list over the weekend but the Club came good and found us the seats in the Upper where we were supposed to be - and with the same view we had set our hearts on.

A big thanks to Simon for retrieving a desperate situation...fine work fella :clap2::clap2:

You have moved to the E stand from the N stand are you mental:D

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
You have moved to the E stand from the N stand are you mental:D

Ha ha...no mate I'm as passionate as most in there and always join in with the singing - but there are a group of young lads behind me who enjoy the prematch 'hospitality' and every other word begins with a C all match. I'm no prude and am not adverse to a few expletives in the heat of the moment (Burnley springs to mind). I'm not worried about my son (he's 14) but two of my daughters who go are 10 and 7 and I don't really want them to be exposed to that all match.

That's one of the reasons for the move - I love the atmosphere (and so do they) but it has to be balanced with being age appropriate so I figured they may be better up there until they are a little older!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
but there are a group of young lads behind me who enjoy the prematch 'hospitality' and every other word begins with a C all match.

"Come on Calderon. You Clear it Cleverly but Can't do Creative things Consistently to Claim assists Carrying us Climbing the Championship table. C..t.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here