MONUMENTAL news on Guitar Hero II

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
PLEASE TELL ME ITS THE 9 MINUTES VERSION

punk: punk: punk: punk: punk: punk: punk: punk: punk: punk: punk: punk: punk: punk: punk:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dick Knights Mum said:
what exactly happens in this game. Do you have an actual guitar - or does one come with the game - or is it a virtual guitar ?

Do you actually play the solo - if so why not play a proper guitar ?

Apologies for a "Digital watch - what's a digital watch ?" moment.
You hold THIS
guitar-hero.jpg

and play THIS as the notes come towards you
060408_guitar_hero_2.jpg

The notes only play if you're holding the right fret(s) and strumming in time with the music. And its marvellous.

dcseagull

Dec 8, 2005
Washington DC
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
It's a guitar shaped controller with fret buttons, and a strum switch. You have to press the corresponding buttons with the strum switch in time with the instructions on the screen.

I'm not selling it well I admit but it is very very good. Everyone at our house enjoys playing it!

I don't understand - why not just buy a guitar and play it for real?

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
dcseagull said:
I don't understand - why not just buy a guitar and play it for real?

Ah but you don't understand...

I have 3 guitars and play them all for real.

HOWEVER. My wife can't play - neither can any of my mates and when we have a party, and the drinks are flowing, all of a sudden they think they're Carlos Santana.

It's accesible to all, even my mum is slightly addicted to it (and she's 60)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its also a useful tool to introduce some rock classics to younger minds who are normally more in tune to the utter shite that masquerades as music nowadays, with all that gangsta hip-hop junk and mindless X-Factor type piss saturating the market.

My 11 year old now has Smoke On The Water, You Got Another Thing Comin' and Ziggy Stardust on his iPod as a direct result of him getting a bit tasty playing them on Guitar Hero.

Easy 10 said:
Its also a useful tool to introduce some rock classics to younger minds who are normally more in tune to the utter shite that masquerades as music nowadays, with all that gangsta hip-hop junk and mindless X-Factor type piss saturating the market.

My 11 year old now has Smoke On The Water, You Got Another Thing Comin' and Ziggy Stardust on his iPod as a direct result of him getting a bit tasty playing them on Guitar Hero.

It's great watching the kids bounce round to I Wanna Be Sedated!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
It's great watching the kids bounce round to I Wanna Be Sedated!
Love that track.
I can just about 100% it on hard now. Still often get caught out by that orange fret though.

:blush:

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I cannot wait.

Though I'm STILL stuck at 22/30 on hard, Queens of the Stone Age at about 85% of the way through has caused me many a bout of anger :angry: :censored: :angry: :censored:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Misirilou! f*** me that'll be hard!!!!
Holy gay MONKEYS
I've just realised, thats that track they use for the Pulp Fiction theme isn't it ?

I'd better get flexing my left hand NOW.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports