Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Monday night football

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Worst time of the year for a lot of people financially. Not good for kids- I can get away with taking mine to a European game on a Thursday night with one day left at school for the week, but no chance for a Monday night against Wolves. I thought the fact that it feels like we haven't played for ages would help, but it doesn't seem so.
Weather probably a pretty niche and important issue tonight as you say. I woke up to a notification saying "Widespread travel disruption on road, rail and planes as Storm Isha hits UK". Luckily, it looks as if my Thameslink train is unaffected but if you were wavering as to go or not, potential travel issues would put you right off.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Monday nights.......
This is the only match slot were I'm genuinely hoping for a 'result' after 85 mins so I can do what I loathe others doing and do one....
I predict if we're >=2 goals up or down on 85 then there will be a very large fire drill!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Because I booked the weekend off work as the match was originally supposed to be over the weekend and now I'm stuck working till 6.30 where it takes at least 2 hours to get to the football.
My boss put in a meeting about an hour ago for 5.45 - 6.45 to accommodate his boss in the States. I have just declined it and will no doubt get a bit of grief over the next couple of days for doing so. Never happens at a weekend!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My boss put in a meeting about an hour ago for 5.45 - 6.45 to accommodate his boss in the States. I have just declined it and will no doubt get a bit of grief over the next couple of days for doing so. Never happens at a weekend!
Do they pay you until 7pm every day then!?

Cheeky pricks.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Unless his boss works in Hawaii or something I don't see any reason why the meeting has to be that late. If he's too busy to have a meeting at a sensible time I'd say that's his problem.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Do they pay you until 7pm every day then!?

Cheeky pricks.
You'd be astonished to find out that they don't.

TBF we can often have calls with the States in the evening but they are normally planned well in advance and I just start later. I was not amused when this one dropped in :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Unless his boss works in Hawaii or something I don't see any reason why the meeting has to be that late. If he's too busy to have a meeting at a sensible time I'd say that's his problem.
Busy execs innit and some are in San Fran.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
You'd be astonished to find out that they don't.

TBF we can often have calls with the States in the evening but they are normally planned well in advance and I just start later. I was not amused when this one dropped in :lolol:
I have had the exact same happen today..US, Canada and mexico.

Its a difficult one. Harveys, pie and football or being patronised for an hour

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
2 of them are mine. 300 plus mile round trips for home games are an utter pain in the arse at the best of times. Monday nights become "I'll watch that one on the telly"

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I think a lot of our ST holders travel a long distance from Sussex, not feasible for many to get home at 1am or later on a school night.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
1705 tickets on the exchange for tonight's game.

Why do so many people hate Monday night football compared to a Tuesday or Thursday?
My ticket is on there - not because I hate Monday night football but because I'm in France .... sorry !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here