Brighton, United Kingdom
:clap2: :clap2:

WE HAVE A SIGNED A PLAYER , WE HAVE SIGNED A PLAYER

:banana: with me now

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Excellent news. He looked as delighted as the fans for his second goal at Crawley.

MM must rate him to offer him 3 years

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
DR Congo-International catchy.

i hope that mcghee has checked he wont be fcuking off to the olympics of world cup qulis

3 years! Good stuff.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
This is terrific news. Let's hope that there are more new players to come, particularly midfielders.

:smokin:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
i now feel we are up and running. and despite the pre season results, i now feel we are preparing for the new season of championship football.

molango seems to score for fun. :clap:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
how much would we love him to be the next zamora or knight. does he link up well with knight? sounds like he has but as i havent been to any friendlies yet i wouldnt know, and will only be attending the southend one on the 28th. one thing about iwelumo, he didnt seem to play with knight, they were distant from each other the whole time.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Great news... he certainly looked the best of the 3 trialists at Crawley... bags of pace and skill, and a good finisher... now all we need are (in order of importance)...

2 midfielders (winger and creative central)
1 striker
1 defender (central)

As promised by MM b4 Big Chris left...

:)

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
OK we've replaced Iwelumo. Now what about the rest of the squad. Let's just look to see who we have on trial at the moment...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Woo-Hoo

Good news.

:clap:

Hopefully a couple of more signings (and loan signings as needed) and we should be there!

Roll on 7th Aug! :drink:

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Lammy said:
OK we've replaced Iwelumo. Now what about the rest of the squad. Let's just look to see who we have on trial at the moment...

Jesus Lammy, let's be happy about what we have. We have got to trust the management to get this sorted, we are not a club who will go steaming in and buy the first midfielder we come across for a silly wage. This team is heaps better than the last time we were in the first division, we will succeed.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
lost in london said:
Jesus Lammy, let's be happy about what we have. We have got to trust the management to get this sorted, we are not a club who will go steaming in and buy the first midfielder we come across for a silly wage. This team is heaps better than the last time we were in the first division, we will succeed.

My point is, this isn't really a new signing as such but more of a replacement for someone who left. To be honest he sounds better than Iwelumo anyway so that's good.

However, we are still no strengthening the squad where it is needed. I don't think we are in a position to steam in and buy a high value midfielder. But what I would like is some sort of indication that we are at least looking! A few yougsters on trial? This is what pre-season is for! Don't get me wrong I'm chuffed to bits that we have made this promising signing but I'm not happy with the squad yet. happier yes. Happy no. For me we need one more perminant signing in midfield and then rely on loans when the season starts. A good team needs to play together regularly and loan signings prevent this.

One decent midfielder, old head to put foot on the ball and offer some direction and calm down the panic. Other than that loan away please!

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Lammy said:
My point is, this isn't really a new signing as such but more of a replacement for someone who left.

That wasn't the impression I got. Molanga is additional cover for Leon. McGee is still after a Big Chris replacement.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
m20gull said:
That wasn't the impression I got. Molanga is additional cover for Leon. McGee is still after a Big Chris replacement.

Are the Albion going to be the first ever side to field the 5-0-5 formation this year?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here