Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
That’s very true, I’ve seen the altitude effect first hand in Bolivia watching River Plate get soundly beaten by a La Paz team. Hi were, Cacideo is meant to be renowned for his mobility and energy levels. I’m assuming the increased levels of oxygen he’ll experience in the UK compared to Ecuador will only increase that Kante quality of being ‘everywhere’ that he is rumoured to possess.

I once played five-a-side in La Paz. One short run and I thought my lungs were on fire. We did beat the locals though!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Hasn't Bernado already done that? TWO incoming?!!

We've already added 3 players to the squad in the transfer window with the returns of Tau, Moder and Karbownik from loan, Caicedo will be the 4th. With Naylor saying the club were looking to reduce the number of squad players over the window I'd expect a few more to follow Ryan and Bernardo on the way out now.

We've got 22 players that need to be named in the 25 man PL squad, plus 6 who are likely to be first team squad regulars who don't need to be named, Caicedo would make that 7 leaving us with a first team group of 29. I've not included the likes of Jenks, Weir and Khadra who've also been included with the first team squad in the last few weeks. I expect at least a couple of more moves away, probably on loan before the end of the window one might even be a Mooy like unexpected move for someone.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Really?

Did you see the the World Club final with Liverpool vs Flamengo? Liverpool needed an extra time winner to overcome the South Americans who I thought played really well.

Moises and his Independiente del Valle smashed Flamengo 4-0 last year.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spielbericht/index/spielbericht/3419728

Yeah, the top teams e.g Flamengo, Boca, River etc. are all pretty good but in the group stages there are some pretty weak teams. Not that there aren't also in Europa but a lot of the groups could easily be CL groups.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9698507 said:
Lake Titicaka

M0tTU5x.gif

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-[emoji713 said:
-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9698507]Similar, once played at Lake Titicaka and was destroyed after 2 minutes despite being a relatively fit and healthy 21 year old. We lost to the locals though! :(

I’ve not played sports at altitude but did lose my ability to walk up a small incline without stopping and gasping for breath. A mouth full of coca leaves and baking powder didn’t help either!

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Just seen this on BBC sport. Too late for Blackpool then.
Ecuadorian midfielder Moises Caicedo, 19, is expected to fly to England on Friday to finalise a £4.5m move to Brighton from Independiente del Valle. (Sky Sports)

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
I’ve not played sports at altitude but did lose my ability to walk up a small incline withoust stopping and gasping for breath. A mouth full of coca leaves and baking powder didn’t help either!

I did the lake ok but bit higher on the visit I got altitude sickness and had to have oxygen. Very unpleasant and potentially life threatening.

Stumpy Tim

We've already added 3 players to the squad in the transfer window with the returns of Tau, Moder and Karbownik from loan, Caicedo will be the 4th. With Naylor saying the club were looking to reduce the number of squad players over the window I'd expect a few more to follow Ryan and Bernardo on the way out now.

We've got 22 players that need to be named in the 25 man PL squad, plus 6 who are likely to be first team squad regulars who don't need to be named, Caicedo would make that 7 leaving us with a first team group of 29. I've not included the likes of Jenks, Weir and Khadra who've also been included with the first team squad in the last few weeks. I expect at least a couple of more moves away, probably on loan before the end of the window one might even be a Mooy like unexpected move for someone.

Don't forget we have sent Molumby out on loan too. Rumours suggest Ali J likely to be going out on loan, and it wouldn't be a huge shock if the Swiss kid and Sanders went out on loan too

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Don't forget we have sent Molumby out on loan too. Rumours suggest Ali J likely to be going out on loan, and it wouldn't be a huge shock if the Swiss kid and Sanders went out on loan too

I'd completly forgotten that Molumby had joined PNE, certainly agree Zeqiri and Sanders are likely loan moves for experience. Zeqiri has openly admitted how much faster football is here, said he was knackered after the first week of training, a few months in the Championship will help him massively, but leave us short on strikers the way things are going (nothing new there then).

Caicedo going to Union St Gilloise reportedly until the end of the season.
Probably makes sense

Has this actually been seen anywhere other than a rumour started on twitter by some disgruntled Man Utd fan annoyed that Caicedo isn't joining them?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I'd completly forgotten that Molumby had joined PNE, certainly agree Zeqiri and Sanders are likely loan moves for experience. Zeqiri has openly admitted how much faster football is here, said he was knackered after the first week of training, a few months in the Championship will help him massively, but leave us short on strikers the way things are going (nothing new there then).

Has this actually been seen anywhere other than a rumour started on twitter by some disgruntled Man Utd fan?

I saw the loan option mentioned on both Sky and the BBC at the beginning of this saga. Not too sure they would of printed the words of a lone Utd fan.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I saw the loan option mentioned on both Sky and the BBC at the beginning of this saga. Not too sure they would of printed the words of a lone Utd fan.

It was first reported in a tweet by Duncan Castles, who's not the most reliable journalist. But he does occaissonly get a scoop.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
It was first reported in a tweet by Duncan Castles, who's not the most reliable journalist. But he does occaissonly get a scoop.

Not sure where it was tbh. It was deffo MSM, as I don't use twitter or lesser known outlets. Could still be bullshit though! Hopefully we don't loan him, but we are top heavy in midfield.

I guess we'll find out soon!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here