Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Yesterday I thought his positional sense was exceptional. Always in space, taking up great offensive positions and facing the correct way to drive forward. Since he has come in , we can afford to not have Biss and yet look as, maybe more, offensive and dangerous. For a 20 year old, it's like watching a young Messi only with more tackling bite.

£100m anyone?

Fantastique!

TNBA

TTF
Not Messi but Kante for me. Still a very high bar!

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
He is already a very good player , potentially world class and if sold ( hopefully not ) in a couple of years is likely to be BHA most expensive asset , I would expect him to be worth £65-70 M if he keeps improving . Sounds optimistic but he has such talent and is a fast learner with a great temperament.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bissouma and Declan Rice on the pitch, but Caicedo stood out.

Indeed.

Bissouma was well off the pace (suffering after his sickness bug / emotionally out of the door?) by his incredible standards. Got caught on the ball three times, in a manner more reminiscent of latter-day Dale Stephens, than the Biss.

Rice was not good at all. Did his defensive work reasonably, but on the ball he was pony. On that showing, he is incapable of controlling the weight he puts on a pass - almost everything over-hit.

Caicedo AND MacAllister, were very good in comparison.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Similar comments used to be made about Rohan Ince. Let’s control our excitement!

That comparison is hilarious. Caicedo's a real footballer who has been playing International football for years. He's come into a Brighton team losing every game and suddenly we're winning, scoring goals and controlling the play. He is a very large part of why our form has turned around. The team has been very settled in the last few matches, which is also a reason. Alexis Mac getting a regular run of games has helped too.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Indeed.

Bissouma was well off the pace (suffering after his sickness bug / emotionally out of the door?) by his incredible standards. Got caught on the ball three times, in a manner more reminiscent of latter-day Dale Stephens, than the Biss.

Rice was not good at all. Did his defensive work reasonably, but on the ball he was pony. On that showing, he is incapable of controlling the weight he puts on a pass - almost everything over-hit.

Caicedo AND MacAllister, were very good in comparison.

These remarks are both pony, and not good at all.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
These remarks are both pony, and not good at all.

I mean, Rice didn't have that great a game did he? I can't think of one decent chance he created in the whole 90 minutes either...

He's unquestionably a great player, but he didn't have a good day at the office

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I mean, Rice didn't have that great a game did he? I can't think of one decent chance he created in the whole 90 minutes either...

He's unquestionably a great player, but he didn't have a good day at the office

I didn't say he had a great game, but I agree with you that he's a great -- veering on world class -- player. Sofascore have him as the third best player on the pitch with a score of 7.6 (behind Welbeck 7.8, and Gross 8.5). 94.3% passing accuracy from 70 passes.10 long balls -- all accurate.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I didn't say he had a great game, but I agree with you that he's a great -- veering on world class -- player. Sofascore have him as the third best player on the pitch with a score of 7.6 (behind Welbeck 7.8, and Gross 8.5). 94.3% passing accuracy from 70 passes.10 long balls -- all accurate.

You can trust sofascore if you like. I'll trust my eyes.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think Declan Rice was by far their best player yesterday and the main reason West Ham controlled the game for the last 30 minutes of the first half. Always available for a pass and confidently dictating the pace of the game.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
To be fair, I don't think the that Man U recruitment team can be called lazy or unproffesional for failure to get this one over the line. From what I have read, the signing was full of complications - the sort that a club with deep pockets like Man U probably just don't want or need - and our recruitment team did an outstanding job getting it sorted, much of which was down to previous experience with the Billy Arce deal. We were arguably the only British club that had the know how in this respect, so huge credit to our guys,

I’ve noticed that having terminated Arce’s contract, he promptly signed for Caicedo’s old club, Independiente del Valle. Perhaps a bit of payback from us there (he has a goal and assist for them already).

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I’ve noticed that having terminated Arce’s contract, he promptly signed for Caicedo’s old club, Independiente del Valle. Perhaps a bit of payback from us there (he has a goal and assist for them already).

We signed Arce from them anyway, he’s a product of their youth system.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
[tweet]1549031485297938433[/tweet]

Interesting that Caciedo mentions Lallana first as the player who’s helped him

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
[tweet]1549031485297938433[/tweet]

Interesting that Caciedo mentions Lallana first as the player who’s helped him

What a delightful young man. To be honest I wish the season was starting this weekend. Cannot wait to see what the new young talent and wise-old heads are going to deliver this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here