Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Indeed. Oh well. Maybe it won’t happen after all. He sounds like he could be brilliant so I really hope it does though.

To be fair , have we signed anyone for a few years who doesnt " sound " brilliant.

Very much a risk but worth a gamble for the age and money.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
To be fair , have we signed anyone for a few years who doesnt " sound " brilliant.

Very much a risk but worth a gamble for the age and money.

Also we have to be prepared that he won't contribute significantly to the first team for the first couple of years at least ... like Bissouma like MacAllister.

It's another long term signing, if we can get it over the line

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
Apologies if this has already been reported,Tim Vickery said he has breezed through every level his played at.He said his so good if he could afford to he would buy him and put him on his mantelpiece.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Also we have to be prepared that he won't contribute significantly to the first team for the first couple of years at least ... like Bissouma like MacAllister.

It's another long term signing, if we can get it over the line

Interesting one. Already looks to have the ability to succeed, with the caveat that we've only seen video footage. We still don't know whether there's anything in the stories of him going to Belgium first, though I'd be slightly surprised in this case. We've shown before that we like to give our young signings time, whether that be by loaning them elsewhere- eg Mac Allister, Moder, Karbownik, Van Hecke- or just by not rushing them (Lamptey didn't get a game for months after signing, and that wasn't entirely due to lockdown: Zeqiri was similarly looked after).

If Caicedo does come over, and to us (rather than to USG), I imagine he'll be left in peace to train, get to know the squad, adapt to life in Britain, English football culture and so on, and then perhaps eased into the squad gently. That seems to be the Albion way. Patience is a virtue with younger players, and our squad has plenty of them. It's worth remembering that Harry Kane was loaned all over the place until he finally got a go in Spurs' first team squad, and certainly wasn't being talked about as the future of English football while he was spending months on end at Millwall and Yeovil. Perhaps some of Connolly's critics would do well to take that on board occasionally.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I have a feeling this is definitely still happening , he will be a Brighton player soon. The delay in announcing is due to the new somewhat complicated processes regarding post Brexit visas and the delay in issuing them due to staff shortages !

Just a hunch ..,,

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Apologies if this has already been reported,Tim Vickery said he has breezed through every level his played at.He said his so good if he could afford to he would buy him and put him on his mantelpiece.

As does everyone .... until they reach the one they can't breeze through

I've complete faith in our recruitment team. However, this is not a short term, keep us up now sort of signing

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Interesting one. Already looks to have the ability to succeed, with the caveat that we've only seen video footage. We still don't know whether there's anything in the stories of him going to Belgium first, though I'd be slightly surprised in this case. We've shown before that we like to give our young signings time, whether that be by loaning them elsewhere- eg Mac Allister, Moder, Karbownik, Van Hecke- or just by not rushing them (Lamptey didn't get a game for months after signing, and that wasn't entirely due to lockdown: Zeqiri was similarly looked after).

If Caicedo does come over, and to us (rather than to USG), I imagine he'll be left in peace to train, get to know the squad, adapt to life in Britain, English football culture and so on, and then perhaps eased into the squad gently. That seems to be the Albion way. Patience is a virtue with younger players, and our squad has plenty of them. It's worth remembering that Harry Kane was loaned all over the place until he finally got a go in Spurs' first team squad, and certainly wasn't being talked about as the future of English football while he was spending months on end at Millwall and Yeovil. Perhaps some of Connolly's critics would do well to take that on board occasionally.

On Connolly I agree and think he should do exactly what Kane did and go out on loan again. He is clearly a big talent but looks like he needs to learn the game more which is not surprising considering he has only featured in 42 first team games in his career with a lot of those as sub. If he could get a few goals at a slightly lower level that could also do his confidence the world of good as a striker as well as getting into the habit and knack of finding the back of the net on a regular basis which he hasn't at the moment. I listed the other day, all of the top English strikers (except Rashford) have had a sustained period playing in the lower leagues, I think it's exactly what Connolly needs.

Re: Caicedo, he seems a prodigious talent like Lamptey so assuming he can get a work permit to play immediately, I would be surprised if he went out on loan.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

There is evidence now that we are a lot more likely to push younger players into the first team squad quicker. Lamptey was an unused sub in the Arsenal game which was just 6 matches after he joined, he then made his debut against Leicester in the following match. He probably benefited from the lockdown in that he got a mini preseason when they all returned to training and this is what pushed into further into the managers thoughts.

Mac Allister made his debut off the bench against Wolves which was the last game before the lockdown and that was only a couple of weeks after he started training with us because of the Olympic games qualifying tournament he was involved with in Jan/Feb 2020.

Tau, although older, has gone straight into the first team picture as soon as he got his work permit and returned to us too.

Obviously we still use the loan market to get players more experience, we had no choice with Moder as Lech Poznan would only sell him if we agreed to the loan deal but it appears that both he and Karbownik (fitness allowing) are likely to figure sooner rather than later.

I think Caicedo will figure in the first team picture fairly quickly if he signs and we can get him a work permit, if not he'll be loaned out until such times as he qualifies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here