Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mohamed Camara

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ha! Yes I think we furiously agree really but it’s that loanees , and young punts are also making a substantial contribution too. Which I think the OP was being unfairly sceptical about .
PS I think Mac Allister was £6.9m according to some reports.

Nicely put!

Fancy a long and futile argument about the price we actually paid for Mac Allister (based on not knowing the facts at all)? No, me neither! :wink:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Is there any updates on this or has it gone cold/was always made up from the start?

Who knows? However, we do seem to have the tactic of not ‘going early’ in windows apart from deals set up in the previous window. Maybe a way of initially analysing the group of players that we may be after and then when things go a little cold, go in late and get a potential deal. Don’t think this ones dead in the water yet,

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Who knows? However, we do seem to have the tactic of not ‘going early’ in windows apart from deals set up in the previous window. Maybe a way of initially analysing the group of players that we may be after and then when things go a little cold, go in late and get a potential deal. Don’t think this ones dead in the water yet,

I would also imagine that it becomes more of a buyers market towards the end of the window. Players will lower their demands (wages, clubs they are willing to go to even) and clubs will lower prices if they think the deals are not going to happen (and they would benefit from it happening). I get the impression Brighton are not a club that will just bow to demands and asking prices that they deem too high, so it makes sense they would wait until things are more closely aligned. It seems a sensible, and refreshing approach instead of wading in with the checks flying about in a panic.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This is more of a question of you being unable to row back on what you said rather than [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] being defensive.

In terms of anything referencing an XI, 18 players started 12 Premier League games or more. Only 4 started more than 30 games. 21 players made 5 or more appearances in the PL. 15 players made 20 or more PL appearances. Your argument only works at the exclusion of players that made significant contributions last season that you seem to just flippantly dismiss as just listing the squad - a squad of whom 18 of them started a 1/3rd of the games!
I wasn’t having an argument others managed that all by themselves :shrug: It was not about how many minutes players played either.

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I did read your post. You said "most of our stand out players cost £15m". I agree some of them did - fair enough. Trossard, Bissouma, Cucurella had great seasons - but some of them didn't. And you said "the model argument isn't descriptive of the first team" . I disagree. If you defiine it by the 20 players who had the most minutes last season which i think is a fair way of defining it but you might argue otherwise. And then you argued Lamptey and Moder didn't count in this definition which i didn't quite understand and Alexis MacAllister who cost £7m is part of a list of players who you argue cost c£15m. And i mentioned Ben White because its reflective of the model but yes he has left the club. For £50m and he didn't cost £15m. He cost nothing.
Oh your upset I misquoted Macalister's transfer fee sorry about that, is it really that deep?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Oh your upset I misquoted Macalister's transfer fee sorry about that, is it really that deep?

ha ! i'm not upset . I save that for proper things. And Blimey. I've no idea what the fee was anyway - clubs don't really disclose them as you know - but that said it was reported at £7m. And as I just like debating how Albion are doing - and presumably you do too given your posts to NSC then if we're debating transfer fees in a thread that says they were £15m when actually they were £7m, then i might just point that out. .
But nw. I think we're pretty much agreed anyway that many of Albion's best players last season went straight into the team having been bought for between £10m and £20m or were Veltman, Welbeck , Lallana etc. Yes. I agree !

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Mo as in Moder?

If he means the Pole then I'm slightly disappointed to find out his nickname is 'Mo' and not 'On The Dancefloor'.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Apparently he is saying "more", they call Moder "Jakub" so it's him he's referring to. I think it's a case of what we want to hear! Although I wouldn't be surprised if he did end up here, we tend to wait until the price comes down and then we swoop!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
now he most likely said 'more', but it certainly SOUNDS like he says 'mo'

[tweet]1546801413015183360[/tweet]

In jest I'm sure, but that tweet is approaching Leeds level of delusion and desperation. Hugely impressive effort!!

What's the latest on twitter re the Don fella and his supposed scoop - are the Leeds fans still believing? I've been banned from Twitter for disparaging remarks about the Tories, which apparently isn't allowed, so can't check for myself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here