[Football] Moder

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
According to the TV commentary I have been pronouncing his name wrong all this time . I use Moder to rhyme with (glenn) roeder.

ITV commentary is poorly researched.

I wouldn't take it from them how its pronounced

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Superb from Polish Jake last night

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
According to the TV commentary I have been pronouncing his name wrong all this time . I use Moder to rhyme with (glenn) roeder.

Last night's pronunciation did sound more French than Polish to me, but I think they were having a fair stab at it.

A quick bit of research tells me that the...

M is like mum
O like or
D like dad
E like egg
R is trilled

So, if you rhyme the first syllable with bored and the second air you won't be too far off. I'm sure he won't mind if we anglicise it a little and rhyme it with border though.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Polish_pronunciation

niknokseagull

Give us a biscuit
Oct 8, 2003
London
It's pronounced 'Mod' ( as in Paul Weller) and 'air' (as in that stuff outside).

I have this on the highest authority (as in my wife is Polish, and only now speaking to me after last night's result).

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

I find myself almost compelled to pronounce his name as if I am Taggart. I don't seem to be able to do anything else.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
A hero? He scored a consolation goal against bang average opponents, hardly warrants hero status does it! ???

It was hardly a consolation goal - they're only when the game is gone. His was an equaliser, far more important at the time, and in the context - even though they still went on to lose.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Good goal for the pole and England won. Perfect night.

Caicedo is expected to be the new biss isn’t he? I see molder more like gross.

Yeah I think Moder would be wasted playing in Bissouma's role. Although both Caicedo and Moder can play box-to-box, I think Caciedo would be the better replacement as a holding DM, with Moder given more license to push forward into attacking areas.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’ve been pronouncing it like Taggart.... There’s been a mudder.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Stones has that in him, we've seen it many times before. I'd always encourage a player to close him down, he's got the touch of a panel beater with Parkinsons.

I predicted a Stones howler the day before. He went 2 games without one so it was an easy call. He thinks he's Rio Ferdinand but he's actually Titus Bramble.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
To be fair to Stones, I’d be a nervous wreck with Pope behind me. We saw last night why Pickford will start in the Euro’s if fit.

Stones had about 15 minutes to decide what to do with the ball when he received that pass from Pope. He could've walked to the technical area and ask Gareth before walking back again. It was nothing to do with Pope.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Is that right? I assumed from the finish and the fact he played on the left that he was left footed. That is seriously impressive taking that on with his weaker foot.

It’s called ‘Prefered foot’ now on some websites. Transfermarkt & football critic say right foot but it’s very tough to double check this from his goals and passing:

https://youtu.be/fqLXKSjFDc0

The shot on 55secs says natural right footer followed by the shot on 58secs which says natural left footer.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Stones had about 15 minutes to decide what to do with the ball when he received that pass from Pope. He could've walked to the technical area and ask Gareth before walking back again. It was nothing to do with Pope.

Of course that incident was a big Stones error but there’s no doubt Pope’s poor distribution and hopelessness with the ball at his feet created uncertainty for Stones and Maguire.

We just can’t play with a Burnley keeper. Hopefully Henderson will play regularly for the rest of the season otherwise we’re back to Pickford.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Of course that incident was a big Stones error but there’s no doubt Pope’s poor distribution and hopelessness with the ball at his feet created uncertainty for Stones and Maguire.

We just can’t play with a Burnley keeper. Hopefully Henderson will play regularly for the rest of the season otherwise we’re back to Pickford.

It makes you almost feel sorry for Phillips and Rice. Paired together to cover two bang average centre backs who, themselves, are nervous about their keeper.

No wonder we play 4-2-3-1

Pope's distribution is woeful. It's almost like he plays in a team where it doesn't matter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports