Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MK Dons - Trains/Pubs

I know there are already a few MK Dons related threads out there, but they seemed to be more concerned with whether people are going or not, and if they can get there for £5 or not.

I was wondering, what train time are people getting? Also, are you planning to drink in MK itself or Bletchley? I've heard a few rumours that Bletchley is not too great, so wondered what the masses were planning?

A few of us are getting the 8.49 from Brighton that get to MK at 11.01 (via Clapham). Unless advised otherwise, we were thinking of getting a few beers and lunch in MK and then getting a taxi to the ground.

I'm interested to know what others are planning?

Last edited:

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
We will probably be going into MK centre for beers, and then getting a bus/taxi to the ground from there. The ground is about 4 miles away from MK centre.
Bletchley is obviously closer, but still a few miles away from the ground and not as many places to drink/eat.
Plus Bletchley is not covered by the daysave ticket is it? Because it's not a Southern station.

So yeah, MK central for me :)

CoCoa

Dec 18, 2007
We will probably be going into MK centre for beers, and then getting a bus/taxi to the ground from there. The ground is about 4 miles away from MK centre.
Bletchley is obviously closer, but still a few miles away from the ground and not as many places to drink/eat.
Plus Bletchley is not covered by the daysave ticket is it? Because it's not a Southern station.

So yeah, MK central for me :)

MK C isn't a Southern station either. Surely it's the train that matters?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Found this:

Moo Camp
MooCamp said:
Plenty of pubs in the centre of MK and there is a Wetherspoons close by, straight up the road from station.
Nearest pub to ground is the beacon, which allows away fans, But its a hole, a few on here go there before the game

MK? Good pub? All pubs allow away fans in, however, the nearest and most convenient pub (the beacon) is a bit of a dive, i'd recommend heading into Fenny Stratford in search of a boozer or go to the Spoons in Central MK (near the CMK train station if you do come in that way)

as for pubs ? dont go to the beacon .
you could try the ' park ' or the ' enigma tavern ' both near the station at bletchley . best bet get the train to cental milton keynes walk up the road facing you and you will find half a dozen decent pubs . taxi costs about five quid from there .
enjoy...

The Red Lion in Fenny Stratford is designating itself as 'away friendly'

It's a nice canal-side pub with a beer garden, real ales (if that's your thing) and will have the lunchtime game on if there is one. It's about a fifteen minute walk from the ground.

there isnt an away unfriendly pub.......Beacon is 10 minutes walk from ground.....but if you are training it then you'll walk past pubs (Park, Enigma.....)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Looking at that thread, apparently our stadium is going to look similar to stadium:mk just because the same company is building it? (What?)

Oh, and if we get relegated the away fans will be moved to the North Stand?

Clearly someone who has no idea about stadium building or the club:lolol:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Is a taxi from mk centre to the ground only going to cost about £5?
If so thats much easier than getting back on the train to bletchley then walking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here