Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mixed feelings

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What’s @Steve Foster and ‘flounce’ in Italian ?

More seriously, thought OP had decent insight and opinion, backed up by good knowledge. A bit like our adopted (and then sadly jettisoned) weed-loving pizza hugger from Stockholm. NSC is worse without @GallodiMare
Funnily enough, it reminded me of him. Sadly jettisoned? Anti semitism shouldn’t be tolerated, especially with Tony Bloom as our owner.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Like maybe starting with Mitoma and Gilmour on Saturday? Looked immediately much improved as soon as they came on for Lallana and Dahoud at the start of the second half :shrug:
RDZ is already being criticised in Japan for damaging Mitoma by overplaying him. :shrug:

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I think this weekend's starting line-up is partly explained by the importance of Thursday's game - I'm sure everyone at the club is eager to avoid an extra two games in February.

Last time I remember us putting out a team with an eye on the subsequent game was when we went to Newcastle near the end of last season, knowing that we could secure European football by beating Southampton at the Amex in the next game.

It went much lass badly this time than it did against Newcastle. If we get the result we need against Marseille, I won't lose any sleep over the two points dropped against Burnley.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Like maybe starting with Mitoma and Gilmour on Saturday? Looked immediately much improved as soon as they came on for Lallana and Dahoud at the start of the second half :shrug:

They need a rest sometimes though, they’ve both played almost every game recently. I think we just accept that sometimes we have to rotate and that maybe sometimes it’ll be a bit shit.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
They need a rest sometimes though, they’ve both played almost every game recently. I think we just accept that sometimes we have to rotate and that maybe sometimes it’ll be a bit shit.
Sure, agreed, tho if they're going to be given 45 minutes, then why not the first 45 minutes? There was a distinct lack of urgency to put Burnley on the back foot earlydoors on Saturday. It only encouraged them to come at us

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
The OP has made some decent points IMHO.

RDZ has said we're not a great team yet because we are missing the determined clinical attitude you need in every game to be one. Villa are showing us how to do it.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Sure, agreed, tho if they're going to be given 45 minutes, then why not the first 45 minutes? There was a distinct lack of urgency to put Burnley on the back foot earlydoors on Saturday. It only encouraged them to come at us
That is a valid point. We do seem to do that a fair bit, but then maybe the thinking is if this 11 get on top then the players can be rested for the whole 90. Sadly that rarely happens.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
The OP has made some decent points IMHO.

RDZ has said we're not a great team yet because we are missing the determined clinical attitude you need in every game to be one. Villa are showing us how to do it.
This is what i dont understand with Villa, they seem to keep the same starting 11 every week, only a couple of changes. I know we have injuries not sure about Villa, but they are playing the same amount of games.

Maybe Villa will suffer in the 2nd half of the season ( Hopefully ).

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
This is what i dont understand with Villa, they seem to keep the same starting 11 every week, only a couple of changes. I know we have injuries not sure about Villa, but they are playing the same amount of games.

They've definitely been very lucky with injuries or they've got geniuses in the medical team. I agree, fingers crossed.

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Feck me, some of you are more miserable than I am… ( and that’s going some)

Relatively new member offering an opinion on the game……

What’s everyone’s problem!?
Exactly. I didn’t realise NSC had so many sports analysts and professors of the game within the community. I was disappointed that we didn’t win, but came away from the game having had an entertaining afternoon. Isn’t that what it’s about, rather than dig out some of OUR players.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

We aren’t at full strength with Veltman having personal issues and injuries to others this period was always going to be a struggle. We have only lost 1 in 9 not bad for teams like Brighton.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Because if the team RDZ put out there worked better than it did, they would have rested the full match. If you start with them all the time, they’ll always play at least 45mins.

It didn’t work on Sunday but the makeshift teams towards the end of last season did, and the likes Caicedo and Mac Allister got the full game to rest.

Besides, he has to let the likes of Baleba, Dahoud, etc play sometimes, or they’ll never get up to speed at all.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I think this weekend's starting line-up is partly explained by the importance of Thursday's game - I'm sure everyone at the club is eager to avoid an extra two games in February.

Last time I remember us putting out a team with an eye on the subsequent game was when we went to Newcastle near the end of last season, knowing that we could secure European football by beating Southampton at the Amex in the next game.

It went much lass badly this time than it did against Newcastle. If we get the result we need against Marseille, I won't lose any sleep over the two points dropped against Burnley.
They're only an extra two games if we win in February, otherwise its the same number of games.

Personally would have put a bit more emphasis on the Burnley game, rest the lot for the Arsenal game if he wants as its likely a hiding to nothing anyway.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
We aren’t at full strength with Veltman having personal issues and injuries to others this period was always going to be a struggle. We have only lost 1 in 9 not bad for teams like Brighton.
I agree, but do we need to keep resting players as much as we are doing. Villa lucky with injuries, but seem to keep the same team every week. Hopefully this will hit Vile hard and they Collapse 2nd part of season. Mind you watchung the amout of time waisting i can now see how much rest they get.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is what grates with me on sports radio and tv. They’re very quick to say one win in 8, but not to say only lost 1 out of the last 9. Our injury list is ignored whilst we should all sympathise with Newcastle.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I agree, but do we need to keep resting players as much as we are doing. Villa lucky with injuries, but seem to keep the same team every week. Hopefully this will hit Vile hard and they Collapse 2nd part of season. Mind you watchung the amout of time waisting i can now see how much rest they get.
I said on the match day thread surely we are better off starting the strongest 11 when the game is more open rather than constantly chasing games. One thing about RDZ we struggle to win two on the bounce especially the home double headers. Others enjoyed the game I found it frustrating reminded me of home games under Potter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here