Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mitrović versus Barnes

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Dermot Gallagher was quite dismissive of people calling for action against Fernandes for his shoving the linesman out the way in the Liverpool game, and ultimately no action was taken against Fernandes. Will that factor in (e.g. in the case of an appeal against any ban), should more be made that perhaps Mitrovic would have shown more restraint had Fernades faced action for his altercation?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
MItrovic lost it, in more than one way, but he waved an arm at the ref, he didn't floor him face on. We've all seen a lot worse, and players get away with as bad or worse, some of them on the pitch today.

I'm on Fulham's side, if you couldn't tell, just because I hate Manure. I don't see Fulham as a threat to our league position after 38 games ( not now anyway!! 😂)

4 games should ruin their season finale, despite an easy run in.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Most fans appreciate it when one of their players are doing it, because the fans also don't like the refs (ignoring the issue that it will be difficult to keep the sport going without referees). People here have been masturbating like caged monkeys to RDZ having a go at the refs, Fulham fans will likely do the same with Mitrovic.
I very much doubt it. Probably a club legend, but he's basically just cost them an FA Cup semi final spot. They were bossing the game up until that point.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I very much doubt it. Probably a club legend, but he's basically just cost them an FA Cup semi final spot. They were bossing the game up until that point.
Six games would be my guess at the outcome and I think that’s still too low. Something has to be done at some point, it’s getting out of hand.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
yep. they should mic up the refs, anyone who is caught on microphone swearing at ref gets 3 match ban.
The Premiership would become a 5 a side if that happened.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I like Mitrovic and his passion etc but hoping he’s banned for a long time. Totally thuggish and out of order.

This sort of thing needs to be stamped out or grass roots football has no chance. We will have no referees.
It's been the same for years. Nothing changes because the FA and Premier League are like every other business, all 'customer facing' talk and no action.
Kick out racism, no to homophobia, respect the refs.... All lip service. Always been the same, sadly.

Rugby proves that in terms of respecting the officials, if the will is genuinely there, then it can be done.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
MItrovic lost it, in more than one way, but he waved an arm at the ref, he didn't floor him face on. We've all seen a lot worse, and players get away with as bad or worse, some of them on the pitch today.

I'm on Fulham's side, if you couldn't tell, just because I hate Manure. I don't see Fulham as a threat to our league position after 38 games ( not now anyway!! 😂)

4 games should ruin their season finale, despite an easy run in.
Sorry, but he screams at the ref and then grabs his arm roughly. As if that wasn't enough, even after he's got the red card, he gets right in the ref's face and continues screaming at him.

I don't care how crap their decisions are (and in this case, the penalty and red card for Willian were spot on, and I've no idea what Fulham were complaining about): you don't get physically aggressive or verbally abusive with them. Just because the obnoxious Bruno Fernandez got away with one doesn't mean Mitrovic should.

If the FA don't give him an additional suspension on top of the three match ban for the red card, they are cowards.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The Premiership would become a 5 a side if that happened.
Yeah but after a few matches of carnage, even footballers would learn to shut their mouths.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Most fans appreciate it when one of their players are doing it, because the fans also don't like the refs (ignoring the issue that it will be difficult to keep the sport going without referees). People here have been masturbating like caged monkeys to RDZ having a go at the refs, Fulham fans will likely do the same with Mitrovic.

Only you could try to derail this thread into an anti-RDZ thread.

Potters gone.

:tosser:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Only you could try to derail this thread into an anti-RDZ thread.

Potters gone.

:tosser:
No one has mentioned Potter.

If you have a minute off and go through my 20k posts you'll find that I have always had the same attitude towards managers, players and fans blaming the ref: it is shit and very unfair.

Playing 90 minutes without putting the ball in the net and then blaming a loss or draw on the ref making one mistake. Deluded, and doesnt matter if it is Potter, RDZ or my mum doing the ref blaming. If a ref make 10 mistakes in a game, you still had 89 minutes and 50 seconds to decide your own destiny but failed to do so.

Last edited:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Not in my pub they’re not, the all think Mitrovic is a dick in here!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Obviously I disagree with @Easy 10 , while admitting you dominated us for 80+ minutes at your place. Until the 90 seconds of madness we were on top and on course for a delicious semi final against the Albion at Wembley which for me would have been wonderful. Mitro is hot-headed - has always been like that - but was stupid to lay a hand on the ref.
How have his actions been received by the fan base, proud of passion & the injustice or he’s a hot headed idiot who’s cost us?

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
@Paulie Gualtieri Complete mix. Some saying Mitro should be sold in the summer having cost us a trip to Wembley and probably many points. Others saying they're proud of passion & it's even a conspiracy against the 'little' clubs / Fulham (the ref gave some well didgy decisions against us at West Ham and also happened to be born in Manchester). Personally, I wasn't surprised Mitro and Silva responded like they did, Mitro shouldn't have nudged the ref, Willian was moving his hand towards his body to avoid it being a handball so that was harsh and Silva probably deserved a yellow.
Mitros inevitable ban will certainly mean we finish below Albion, which was probable anyway.

A lot pointing out that Klopp and others get away with constant haranguing of refs but it's tolerated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here