Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Misty in Roots

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
saw this lot on the John Peel |Sessions and am totally hooked.

Reggietastic

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Blimey, are they still going?

I saw them several times in the late 70s/early 80s. Their debut album is the business.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Gwylan said:
Blimey, are they still going?

I saw them several times in the late 70s/early 80s. Their debut album is the business.

Live at the counter-eurovision!

a classic!!!!

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
BHA links said:
Live at the counter-eurovision!

a classic!!!!

Indeed.

Have been looking for a digital version of this for years to replace the worn out vinyl, but it doesn't to be available anywhere... :(

Last edited:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
All their stuff is deleted except the latest album Roots controller.

You can sometimes get there stuff on e bay but CDs are expensive.

I got most of their stuff from netsounds.

First saw them at the top rank in the early 80ies - awesome stuff

Hiney said:
Misty in Roots are quality.

Hey Truff (or anyone else for that matter) - I've got the Live at Counter-Eurovision as an mp3 - PM me your address mate and I'll send you a CD

:thumbsup:

Can I have one, please

LC

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hiney said:

Hey Truff (or anyone else for that matter) - I've got the Live at Counter-Eurovision as an mp3 - PM me your address mate and I'll send you a CD

Hiney

Can I have one too!!!!!

If you can give a copy to laura she can pass it on at the palace game.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Absolutely superb band. Organised a couple of gigs for them and the Ruts (they were both part of the 'People Unite' collective in Southall) during the early Rock Against Racism days.....and then, a while after my one gig with Gwylan in at the legendary Vault in North Road (Max said we did two but I only remember one!) I moved to Brussels for a bit, playing bass in a punk band called Contingent, we helped organise the 'Live at the Counter Eurovision' gig at the Cirque Royal in Brussels which was recorded for that legendary album, and our band was one of the supports. I can still remember Misty on stage that night. They were AWESOME.
I was very happy to be at the gig which produced John Peel's favourite album of all time.......

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
ah the Vault - my mates had a band called Anti Art that played there. Fave bands were Smeggy and the Cheesy bits and Nicky and the Dots

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Hiney said:

You star Hiney. PM sent...

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Stinky Kat said:
ah the Vault - my mates had a band called Anti Art that played there. Fave bands were Smeggy and the Cheesy bits and Nicky and the Dots

proper band names :clap: unlike most of todays offerings . .I mean Coldplay . . .sounds like a frigid vegan in bed with another frigid vegan :eek:

How easy is it to transfer vinyl to MP 3's

Cos I've got an awful lot of decent sounds waiting to be played again.:wave:

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
OK.....how about Culture ('Two Sevens Clash' the greatest reggae album off all time for me) Dillinger, the Kingston Ruler: Abyssinians: Johnny Clarke: Mikey Dread: U Roy ('Control Tower') LKJ : Gregory Isaacs: Toots: Steel Pulse (RAR Carnival!!) Big Youth: and these days Capleton, Yelloman, Tony Rebel.....list goes on and on..
seen many of these at Concorde 2 along with the great Roots Garden/Aces Crew sound systems...

and we have our own local reggae hero, 'Cool Brother' Andy Baron....if you like
dancehall/roots check him out, solo or with his band The Believers...

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Blimey, this is great!!

I've got a couple of the Virgin 'Front Line' Reggae compilations with U Roy, I Roy, The Abbysinians etc on them. Also 'Garvey's Ghost' by Burning Spear, Two Sevens Clash by Culture (brilliant), a couple of Steel Pulse albums plus stuff by Cimarons, Matumbi, Black Slate and Peter Tosh.

All on Vinyl

f***ing Marvellous Scenes!!!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
attila said:
OK.....how about Culture ('Two Sevens Clash' the greatest reggae album off all time for me) Dillinger, the Kingston Ruler: Abyssinians: Johnny Clarke: Mikey Dread: U Roy ('Control Tower') LKJ : Gregory Isaacs: Toots: Steel Pulse (RAR Carnival!!) Big Youth: and these days Capleton, Yelloman, Tony Rebel.....list goes on and on..

attila, how the hell have you managed to miss Black Uhuru from that list!

:bounce: :bounce: sponji reggae :bounce: :bounce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here