Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missing Woman in London

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Is there mass gathering every week?

The rule is stupid, last night was a mess but this is 100 percent down to Mps refusing to do the job they are elected to do.
I would say so Clapham is now very much a yummy mummy area which is probably why they are getting away with breaking covid rules and the latest case received so much attention.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Astonishing isn’t it.

The mind boggles at how some people think.

I don't agree with how the police handled it, from refusing to work with the organisers to weighing in so heavily once it all got feisty but, and maybe I am being incredibly naive, I just don't believe the policemen and women went into that crowd to stop women standing up for their rights.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I didn’t get a ticket for the lockdown matches, but wasn’t singing of all kinds banned because it’d spread germs further?

Or did I dream it?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sure, but then the organisers would have been responsible. They would have worked with police - and, you'd like to think, would have dissuaded them from going in heavy handed.

Not sure the organisers would have been held responsible for the actions of those that were political motivated to hijack the event.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I wonder how many of those defending the heavy-handed tactics of the police or attempting to smear the vigil attendees are also ones who have, in the past, experienced some of the antics of the Met's top lads after an away day at Selhurst Park or The Den? Or is that different somehow?

Presumably the next time they go to an away game in the smoke and get beaten up by the old bill for simply having the temerity to be there in the first place they won't have a negative word to say about them?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I don't agree with how the police handled it, from refusing to work with the organisers to weighing in so heavily once it all got feisty but, and maybe I am being incredibly naive, I just don't believe the policemen and women went into that crowd to stop women standing up for their rights.

Correct. Of course they didn’t.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Rangers fans were not left alone. Once safe to do so the police arrrested 28 and gave out multiple COVID penalties in addition. Footy lads was pre pandemic.

No it wasn't. It was a counter protest to BLM last summer. Have you already forgotten that picture of that idiot urinating on a memorial? Perhaps you chose not to acknowledge it?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

Under new powers from Patel they will be able to though. What a time to be alive...

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
No it wasn't. It was a counter protest to BLM last summer. Have you already forgotten that picture of that idiot urinating on a memorial? Perhaps you chose not to acknowledge it?

Next to a memorial. He went to jail for it.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Like that makes a difference

Well, I’d rather someone pissed next to me than on me. Neither would be better still.

But the point is that football lads march isn’t the best example of people getting away with things Scott free. They didn’t. Extinction Rebellion on the other hand...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I don't have a strong feeling on this, but what about the idea that the police saw this event as not so much women standing up for their rights, but standing up against the police and how they work, and the met seeing their authority challenged were on edge and ready to lash out to re-establish that authority? They told 'reclaim the night' no, but the people showed up any way, the people chanted at them, so they hit back knowing they had the power to do so, without much individual punishment (I mean everyone is calling for Cressida Dick to go, I'm not seeing many people calling for the individual officers to go or face punishment). So not really the police trying to stop women stand up for their rights, but more malicious than "we had to because of covid!"

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I wonder how many of those defending the heavy-handed tactics of the police or attempting to smear the vigil attendees are also ones who have, in the past, experienced some of the antics of the Met's top lads after an away day at Selhurst Park or The Den? Or is that different somehow?

Presumably the next time they go to an away game in the smoke and get beaten up by the old bill for simply having the temerity to be there in the first place they won't have a negative word to say about them?

I’ve never been beaten up by the police at a London match.

The New Den Millwall, I felt very safe at this ground.
Palace, I’ve found keeping a low profile and not winding up the police or acting aggressively helped.

Other London games in recent years especially Fulham, Brentford and Arsenal are like a family day out.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’ve never been beaten up by the police at a London match.

The New Den Millwall, I felt very safe at this ground.
Palace, I’ve found keeping a low profile and not winding up the police or acting aggressively helped.

Other London games in recent years especially Fulham, Brentford and Arsenal are like a family day out.

And at West Ham or White Hart Lane? Who could forget Selhurst Park?

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Well, I’d rather someone pissed next to me than on me. Neither would be better still.

But the point is that football lads march isn’t the best example of people getting away with things Scott free. They didn’t. Extinction Rebellion on the other hand...

The law was also changed after that.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I’ve heard similar at the Amex and certainly at the Goldstone.

As I said I would expect to be thrown out of the Amex for acting like some of the people in the video.

A football match isn’t a peaceful candle lit vigil to pay respects, unfortunately the usual suspects turned up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here