Missing Woman in London

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Are you suggesting there were 'extremist groups' on Clapham Common today?

Yes. Just like the idiots who tarnished the BLM protests, or the anti lockdown brigade etc, many of the people there have good intentions, the odd few will go with the intention of causing trouble, and it’s foolish to pretend everyone who went today had good intentions, and as we’ve seen two or three people can cause a flash point which will then escalate the entire situation

Are you serious ?

Peaceful protest take place all the time. Most don't make the news.

The MET had ample opportunity to allow something to happen and they bottled it.

Most peaceful protests I’m sure aren’t during a time where we aren’t even allowed to meet two friends in a park or have 31 people attend a funeral. If they let this slide, where draw the line? Given the media attention this has garnered.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Yes. Just like the idiots who tarnished the BLM protests, or the anti lockdown brigade etc, many of the people there have good intentions, the odd few will go with the intention of causing trouble, and it’s foolish to pretend everyone who went today had good intentions, and as we’ve seen two or three people can cause a flash point which will then escalate the entire situation
Yeah I heard they were smashing up trees and pissing up against the slide. Proper nawty gals.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
So for what other crimes do you think they should take the opportunity to ignore?

It's a lot more complicated than if you care to do some research, no one has proved that a outside vigil for a murdered local resident is illegal at all. The judge didn't and on that basis you are clearly wrong.

As for the police "taking the opportunity to ignore" that has been the policy from the start from taking retrospective action against high profile rule breakers.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It wasn't a protest. It was a vigil

They weren't protesters so stop referring to them as such.

It might have started off as a vigil but the sort of chanting, crowd disturbances and placards displayed in videos on twitter suggest it turned into a protest. You can probably blame the Met for that though.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Most peaceful protests I’m sure aren’t during a time where we aren’t even allowed to meet two friends in a park or have 31 people attend a funeral. If they let this slide, where draw the line? Given the media attention this has garnered.

You let it slide when a colleague has been charged with murder and a few hundred women are sitting peacefully next to a bandstand in masks in the middle of a huge open space.

Unless you can show me a similar "pile in" at the anti vaccine protests outside London hospitals, or the celebrations outside Ibrox I might have sympathy with your view.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
It wasn't a protest. It was a vigil

They weren't protesters so stop referring to them as such.

Most were there for a vigil, but an element weren’t. You don’t take a placard like this to a vigil.

E06C2E5F-7B68-47FC-B524-E76757A3EF8B.jpeg

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Most were there for a vigil, but an element weren’t. You don’t take a placard like this to a vigil.

View attachment 134873

I’d love to know more of this woman’s plan. Genuinely.

So she wants to remove Police entirely? Surely that would make the streets more dangerous for all of us? Or is this just an empty Twitter platitude to virtue signal. Surely not.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It might have started off as a vigil but the sort of chanting, crowd disturbances and placards displayed in videos on twitter suggest it turned into a protest. You can probably blame the Met for that though.

Some may. I think many more will blame the sort of chanting, crowd disturbances and placards displayed. Especially as the gathering had specifically been ruled illegal. Still, no doubt they had an agenda ........................

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
A comment for debate?

“The problem in London after all is not that the police are in trouble for manhandling peaceful protestors. It's mainly that they manhandled the wrong type of peaceful protestor. If they'd done the same at a Farage protest against lockdown, many critics would be cheering.“

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’d love to know more of this woman’s plan. Genuinely.

So she wants to remove Police entirely? Surely that would make the streets more dangerous for all of us? Or is this just an empty Twitter platitude to virtue signal. Surely not.

Sussex police managed a protest/vigil pretty well this evening with 150 people.
One arrest, a man, and 8 penalty notices handed out.

https://www.sussex.police.uk/news/s...spond-to-gathering-in-valley-gardens-brighton

The Met have a bad name for wading in, and making any situation worse. Cressida Dick needs sacking and the whole force needs to be reformed.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
How are people celebrating this whilst we’re in a pandemic?

I’m sure they’ll be the first to complain and be outraged if there’s another lockdown and more jobs lost.

[tweet]1370814488539234306[/tweet]

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Sussex police managed a protest/vigil pretty well this evening with 150 people.
One arrest, a man, and 8 penalty notices handed out.

https://www.sussex.police.uk/news/s...spond-to-gathering-in-valley-gardens-brighton

The Met have a bad name for wading in, and making any situation worse. Cressida Dick needs sacking and the whole force needs to be reformed.

But this woman attended a supposed peaceful vigil with a placard saying discard the Met. So it wasn’t in reaction to tonight’s events.

What former mishandling are the Met responsible for out of interest?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
A comment for debate?

“The problem in London after all is not that the police are in trouble for manhandling peaceful protestors. It's mainly that they manhandled the wrong type of peaceful protestor. If they'd done the same at a Farage protest against lockdown, many critics would be cheering.“

Yes, I'll reply and that's bollocks. Police should have made their decision on the context of the vigil and tonight (and in the lead up to the event) they have failed massively.

There could have been a solution but they failed to engage properly to try and find a solution. This wasn't a spontaneous event since they have known about it for a while after the unprecedented murder of a local women.

I've already stated I didn't agree with tonight's event, but if the MET had been a bit smarter something could have been agreed and organised. But they didn't, they bottled it.

Hopefully heads will roll.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But this woman attended a supposed peaceful vigil with a placard saying discard the Met. So it wasn’t in reaction to tonight’s events.

What former mishandling are the Met responsible for out of interest?

Menenez, Ian Thomlinson, to name just two but there are many many more to read about.
Btw, it says disband not discard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports