Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] missing thread?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It has always struck me as being faintly absurd how late results are made public. I'm not an accountant, but I am based in my company's accounting department and I play a signifcant part in helping my division finalise the books each month. We report our results to corporate on day four! (ie four working days after the end of the month).

There will obviously be items that will take a little longer to finalise at the end of a (reporting period) year, but the clubs should be in a position to publish their results (should there be a desire to do so) literally MONTHS before they are finally made public.

You probably know this, listed companies including vast multinationals almost always file within weeks or a handful of months after the year-end. For several reasons including shareholders needs to know, transparency. I assume external auditors are there throughout the year to made the post year-end phase easier.

But it shows what can be done.

The Albion run a slick organisation, TB/PB would've known the final result and balance sheet from accurate management accounts last summer. No subjective valuing was required for example.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading

PBOBE new deal as well. Fantastic news

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So Is the PBOBE contract extension (done) more important for the clubs future than the RDZ contract (not done ) ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here