Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Missing submersible.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Not a lot one can say really,but if trapped must be a living hell? Certainly plenty online regarding submersibles and surely you have to have nerves of steel.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The only blessing would be if the crafted breached in any way then none of them would have known about it. The alternative is horrific, stuck on the bottom, potentially pitch black, no toilet, just waiting, f*** that.

Jesus, when you put it like that I think I'll cancel my trip.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
The main question for me is if you are paying £200k, some sort of backup/means of escape would be expected surely? In any event, if they have perished I hope it was quick.
On the BBC some bloke who’s already done it says the waiver mentions death 3 times just on page one !!!
This is not a theme park ride, a bit like climbing Everest if it goes wrong then you’re likely in the shit. However this seems a bit different in that if it goes wrong then you’ve got virtually zero chance. No thanks.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The main question for me is if you are paying £200k, some sort of backup/means of escape would be expected surely? In any event, if they have perished I hope it was quick.
Enough oxygen for 96 hours. Guessing you'd just go to sleep and that would be it. Lots online now about this sub having no controls other than a playstation style joystick to control it. If they're stuck on the bottome I think they cant be rescued, but there is a good chance they've managed to surface and are waiting to be found. But even then they cant open the sub from the inside so could be bobbing around and still run out of air.
Apparently the trip is a few hours going down but they lost contact after 1.5 hours so were still diving down.
Wish them the best.
But as others have said, we throw everything at this sub but nothing at the ship overloaded with kids crammed into the hull. Sad times.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It’s a weird thing to want to do anyway, isn’t it?

Sympathy for them and their families obviously.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
When they mention oxygen would this be sea level oxygen as i thought that the deeper into the sea you go you have to breathe in a mixture of oxygen and gases?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Not sure there is a lot of backup available when you're 13,000ft down other than the safety features within the vessel itself ?
Someone on Nicky Campbell said that any deep sea diving operation, certainly commercial ones used for non-tourist operations, would normally have a backup sub which presumably can be used to launch a rescue there and then.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I read somewhere that each person is paying 250k for the 8 day trip.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here