Missing Link?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
I use to enjoy George O' Callaghan - different class of technically gifted footballer than what we now have before us. Great vision for a pass and able to link the play rather than, as we now do, rely on a hoof over the top. He wanted to stay, but is now in Ireland - worth a try back on loan??

After he left we had Thierry Racon, another good footballer punching below his weight in the third. The cut and thrust midfielders player are very well, but you do need to compliment that with a bit of guille to link it all up into a cohesive pattern.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Well yes - a good midfielder would go a long way to making us a half decent side. It is the difference between last season's side and this.

O'Callaghan has signed for Tranmere though, and is also a crazy twat. Racon is unrealistic.

But yes, competent midfielder = improvement.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I would never take him back.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Well yes - a good midfielder would go a long way to making us a half decent side. It is the difference between last season's side and this.

O'Callaghan has signed for Tranmere though, and is also a crazy twat. Racon is unrealistic.

racon is injured

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent

Well if he's at Tranmere, that only goes to show what bad business it was to let him go and bring in Johnny Dixon (who?). George appeared to lose his head and get sent off just the once, and I'm not so sure about that after watching the replay. While a return by either he or Racon may be unfeasible, the general point is that it is a player of this calibre that we need to attract to plug a huge hole in thinking as well as in the team.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Well if he's at Tranmere, that only goes to show what bad business it was to let him go and bring in Johnny Dixon (who?). George appeared to lose his head and get sent off just the once, and I'm not so sure about that after watching the replay. While a return by either he or Racon may be unfeasible, the general point is that it is a player of this calibre that we need to attract to plug a huge hole in thinking as well as in the team.

Well if you believe the rumours maybe that's what Adams is trying to do with Ifil?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
0,,10433~3434240,00.jpg

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Yep! Then we will have two ex scum players if he slots in next to Thomson!

Great! I've never forgiven them for selling us Simon Sicknote Roger, but as there's a fire sale going on up there, altho' they say sh1t doesn't burn, I suppose it's worth trying to sniff out a bargain to try and get back whilst Jordan's on his damage limitation exercise before he gets rid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports