Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Missing Lancashire woman

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I hope she is found safe. Not looking great though. Turns my stomach.
I know, I was thinking the same thing Clamp. Just walking her dog 🙁

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Horrible seeing news like that. Hope she's well but doesn't sound good, dog found but not her....

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
it must be the worst possible nightmare for her loved ones … I don’t know how people cope with it.
Lets hope she’s found safe , soon.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This is just heartbreaking

Been following this story a lot - really heartbreaking. I think it’s quite clear what’s happened with the stuff right next to the river 🙁

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Somebody must know something, especially as her phone (found on bench), was still connected to her work.
Just mad.
It's utterly bizarre. Especially as the police keep repeating that they don't think she is the victim of a crime. I can only think that's a tactic to make any abductor think they are not on to them and don't kill her in panic? Doesn't sound like she's done a deliberate disappearing act and there's no sign of an accident. Bizarre.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's utterly bizarre. Especially as the police keep repeating that they don't think she is the victim of a crime. I can only think that's a tactic to make any abductor think they are not on to them and don't kill her in panic? Doesn't sound like she's done a deliberate disappearing act and there's no sign of an accident. Bizarre.
Is a strange one but seems very likely the poor lady fell into the river to me unfortunately. Although the facts her dog was allegedly dry suggests she wasn’t trying to rescue the dog. Whatever it is, it’s truly tragic, and chances of finding her alive anywhere are minimal now. Those poor kids 😕

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Reminds me a tad of when Corrie McKeague went missing!

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
We had a guy that worked at our place that didn't return home from a fishing trip. He was discovered face down in the water at his pitch, with no sign of any disturbance. The post mortem showed no health problems and although an open verdict was recorded it was speculated that one scenario could have been that a swan flew at him and knocked him into the water (it was cygnet season). I suppose it's possible that this lady may have tripped over her dog? All terribly sad.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Is a strange one but seems very likely the poor lady fell into the river to me unfortunately. Although the facts her dog was allegedly dry suggests she wasn’t trying to rescue the dog. Whatever it is, it’s truly tragic, and chances of finding her alive anywhere are minimal now. Those poor kids 😕
The harness and lead for the dog were found on the bench with the phone. Dog owners don't need to take the harness off to let the dog off lead, just unclip the lead. I think it's a key bit of info. as to why they've ruled out 3rd party involvement.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The husbands interviews are a bit odd… I think we’ve seen cases before where the police encourage a partner to do a lot of press for a few reasons.

Also seemingly the husband has a business that looks like it is about to go bust just to add to their problems

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The husbands interviews are a bit odd… I think we’ve seen cases before where the police encourage a partner to do a lot of press for a few reasons.

Also seemingly the husband has a business that looks like it is about to go bust just to add to their problems
Exactly the conversation in my office yesterday amongst my female staff.

But is that the cynical nature that festers inside us?

Huntley, Stuart Hazell and numerous others, the old bill have been extremely clever in flushing out killers with the help of the media, but what about when we get it wrong?

Sadly I for one thought Sarah Payne’s Dad evasive behaviour in the media at the time of her murder thinking there was no smoke without fire, until the real killer was arrested.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Exactly the conversation in my office yesterday amongst my female staff.

But is that the cynical nature that festers inside us?

Huntley, Stuart Hazell and numerous others, the old bill have been extremely clever in flushing out killers with the help of the media, but what about when we get it wrong?

Sadly I for one thought Sarah Payne’s Dad evasive behaviour in the media at the time of her murder thinking there was no smoke without fire, until the real killer was arrested.
Chris Jefferies also a classic example where this type of tactic goes wrong

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Chris Jefferies also a classic example where this type of tactic goes wrong
A classic case of the media enforcing their preferred narrative on us.

Even by his own admission he was a bit of an oddball, but parade the oddball on TV and get everyone saying he did it 🙈

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Reminds me a tad of when Corrie McKeague went missing!
He was quite local to me and there was loads of hooha in the local press here for months. Yes, he seemingly ‘vanished’ but a squaddie on a drunken night out, seen on cctv climbing into a waste bin in the early hours is a very very different scenario that a slightly built lone female, walking her dog at 9 in the morning.

Don’t want to speculate but an unfortunate accident involving an issue with the dog seems the most likely to me - shame dogs don’t talk!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here