Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missed D/D payments for season tickets.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
'The club would like to remind any supporters who have missed direct debit payments that they will not be able to gain access to the Amex via their season-ticket smartcard until they settle any outstanding balance owed to the club.

A very small number of fans have missed payments and as a result will find their cards blocked from Saturday's game against Barnsley. We would also strongly advise fans to make payment via the phone or in person before Saturday.

With over 14,000 season ticket holders paying via the club's direct-debit system, the £10 charge is necessary to cover the costs of running the scheme and the administrative time spent dealing with missed payments.'

Does nobody proof-read that stuff before they stick it on the site? They talk about 'the £10 charge' in the third paragraph, and you think 'what £10 charge is that then?' and you then have to read the rest of the page before it makes sense.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I guess with 22000 season ticket holders there are going to be quite a few defaults

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I defaulted last month, but turned out it was a club error - they tried to take the money twice by mistake at the same time, then refunded both automatically. I only realised that was the case when they sent me a letter!!! I thought it was my fault to begin with!!!

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
Does nobody proof-read that stuff before they stick it on the site?

We could fill up the whole of NSC with "wasn't that proof read before they stuck on the site" examples but I guess that so long as the main message gets across and their are no massive bloomers (oh er Matron!) and not too many smelling pisstakes then it doesn't really doesn't matter.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Alternatively get an 12 month interest credit card and pay off the cost quicker............

We could fill up the whole of NSC with "wasn't that proof read before they stuck on the site" examples but I guess that so long as the main message gets across and their are no massive bloomers (oh er Matron!) and not too many smelling pisstakes then it doesn't really doesn't matter.

It's alright, THPP just loves any excuse to have a good old anti-club grumble (even though the story probably had nothing whatsoever to do with him).

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Aren't payments taken on the 1st? If so then surely lots wouldn't have been able to go to the Cardiff game!? Shouldn't this have been brought to people's attention 3 weeks ago!!?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Aren't payments taken on the 1st? If so then surely lots wouldn't have been able to go to the Cardiff game!? Shouldn't this have been brought to people's attention 3 weeks ago!!?

That's what I was thinking, unless Tuesday's game uncovered loads of people trying to get in after their last dd bounced, so the club have now issued a warning prior to the next game ?

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
I defaulted last month, but turned out it was a club error - they tried to take the money twice by mistake at the same time, then refunded both automatically. I only realised that was the case when they sent me a letter!!! I thought it was my fault to begin with!!!
I had the same trouble last season when due to no fault of my own was refused entry at the gate and had to go and queue at the ticket office to get a paper ticket to get in when it was the clubs fault for not taking the D/D. Its happened again this year when the club 'forgot' to take a payment and now have to pay slightly more each month to make up the difference. Also while I am having a moan I have still not received my seasons car park tickets for the new car park even though I paid a month ago!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Feels good to bask in the warm glowing warming glow of supporting a community club.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Do the club send you a "Your DD has failed" type letter (or email) like others who take DDs do, or fo they rely on you noticing yourself?

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
I missed 2 because I changed jobs but always paid in cash at the shop within 3 days of it and all seems ok. Let's wait for saturday then.......

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
Do the club send you a "Your DD has failed" type letter (or email) like others who take DDs do, or fo they rely on you noticing yourself?

No notification from the club at all. Only found out when admission denied. I now check my monthly statement to make sure payment has been taken.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing

I got a letter from them saying that they hadn't been able to take my payment, but when I called them, they clarified the situation for me. All I had to do was pay it over the phone

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Both - if you havent noticed/done anything about it within a week or so. Happened to me twice.....as the club cocked up my sort code.

The £10 charge is a new one though, another way for the club to get money ? Wasnt necessary to have it last season so why is it now ?

toff79

Aug 8, 2011
How cheeky is this apparently I missed a D/D but due to no fault of my own the club just didn't take it. They never informed me and to be honest I never realised now they send me a email a year latter Saying if I miss again i will be charged And I need to pay before Saturday or I can't go In

Unbelievable so due to the club messing up Im goner get charged and now have to find another 40 quid right at the end of the month

Useless and embarrasing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here