Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Missed chances compilation

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
That should be set to the Benny Hill theme tune
I was somewhat perplexed to not hear Radiohead given the title of the video, and well.. the fact it's Radiohead.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm probably in the minority, but I found that hilarious. Not because I enjoy watching the team spoon chances left, right and centre, but there's something funny about all of the big misses of the season (so far) being stuck together in one video.

the

Jul 25, 2018
London
I don't understand how anyone can watch that, and still think Connolly has any business playing in the Premier League. At least with Maupay's misses, half of them can be chalked up to bad luck/great defensive positioning... Connolly is just bad at finding the net.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not fun but like all of us I've watched a lot of football this season and i'm fairly certain most clubs could - if they wish - have a pretty good stab at putting together rival versions just as painful.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm probably in the minority, but I found that hilarious. Not because I enjoy watching the team spoon chances left, right and centre, but there's something funny about all of the big misses of the season (so far) being stuck together in one video.

It lifted my mood, oddly.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Not fun but like all of us I've watched a lot of football this season and i'm fairly certain most clubs could - if they wish - have a pretty good stab at putting together rival versions just as painful.

I doubt there's another premier league club that can post 3 open goal misses, with an aggregate distance of ,10 yards, by the same striker though.

Not saying anything against him because I'm sure he'll come good, but he's had a shocker this season.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I very much doubt any PL club has had as many misses as us this season.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

There's 2-3 similar misses in the the complilation in nearly every (non Albion) game i've watched this season. Not downplaying our painful and frequent inability to find the net and perhaps there's a stat that proves that - but even Harry Kane, Mo Salah, Jamie Vardy etc miss dozens of chances in a year.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
There's 2-3 similar misses in the the complilation in nearly every (non Albion) game i've watched this season. Not downplaying our painful and frequent inability to find the net and perhaps there's a stat that proves that - but even Harry Kane, Mo Salah, Jamie Vardy etc miss dozens of chances in a year.

You are right. However,the difference is that they also score a good proportion of chances whereas we don't

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield

Our conversion rate (excluding Pens) is the 3rd worst in the Prem so far this season. Only Sheff U and Fulham are worse.

As a % of total goals scored, we're the second worst at scoring headers. Only Leicester has a worse ratio of headers vs other goals.

If you exclude Pens, we have the 4th worst ratio of goals scored vs big chances missed. Only Sheff U, Fulham, and Burnley are worse.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Our conversion rate (excluding Pens) is the 3rd worst in the Prem so far this season. Only Sheff U and Fulham are worse.

As a % of total goals scored, we're the second worst at scoring headers. Only Leicester has a worse ratio of headers vs other goals.

If you exclude Pens, we have the 4th worst ratio of goals scored vs big chances missed. Only Sheff U, Fulham, and Burnley are worse.

Really??

With 3 penalties missed, surely we are even worse with them included?
Is there a team with more missed pens?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here