Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mirror article - Wayne Bridge wants to stay

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Wayne Bridge is keeping his options open , playing in the Premier League on £20k a week or £10k a week in the Championship with other clubs possibly interested in paying more if we are still in the Championship next season after failing to go up.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
i'm sure he does like it here...as it says he is getting the chance to play football and be part of a team...however i wont get my hopes up as to him staying long term..the article fills a few column inches...but will enjoy watching him for the rest of the season

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Just make the most of watching him while we've got him. Even if we were promoted we couldn't and shouldn't pay him silly money.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
I take it that if this is true, then he is happy to take a massive pay cut?
What pay cut? He'll be out of contract so effectively on £0.00 and no club will offer him what City were paying him so wherever he ends up, he'll be on far less than he is now.

Also, he's already made his money, not getting any younger (so unlikely to get big offers or able to start every game at higher PL teams) so he'll effectively be looking at Brighton sized clubs anyway, none of whom will want to offer silly money. I'm sure they'll be other clubs who will offer more but I assume he likes us, likes the setup, getting settled down here which are attractions in itself. It's not ALL about the money for many footballers, that's just part of the package along with manager, fellow players, stadium, facilities, location etc.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
As much as I would love him to stay....have a feeling that his future will be in America...his girlfriend certainly loves being there!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was talking to a work colleague front san remon in california and knowing bridge plays for us said that galaxy is in talks. I assume with man city not us. Be a shame as he is by far our best player. How ihe is overlooked as mom baffled me

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was talking to a work colleague front san remon in california and knowing bridge plays for us said that galaxy is in talks. I assume with man city not us. Be a shame as he is by far our best player. How ihe is overlooked as mom baffled me

He is out of contract at the end of the season so unless City want to extend his contract then Galaxy wouldn't need to talk to them.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He is out of contract at the end of the season so unless City want to extend his contract then Galaxy wouldn't need to talk to them.

Dunno. That is what is being reported over there.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hopefully he will stay, would be a shame to see him go elsewhere when he has settled here and really made that LB spot his.

Being realistic, he's having a good season with us which will put him in the shop window for the highest bidder. It would be nice to think that he'd sign for us but that's just being sentimental and footballers are not known for sentimentality.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
He'll go to LA galaxy on about 5 times what we'd pay him I imagine.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
He loves it here. He is playing, He is scoring, He is magic and he knows we love him. I reckon he'll stay... its Brighton and we are cool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here